Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone watch this show? Man talk about dedication, these guys don't &*$% around. If you have not seen this show, you may want to check it out. One of the best parts is that a marine biologist is on site, & they cut open & examine different parts of the sharks anatomy. It's a win win situation. Last night they showed a few episodes & some guys pulled in a tiger shark over 1200 pounds. Unfortunately they were a few minutes late for the weigh in & the fish did not count, had it they would have won the tourney. Great show.

TL

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Yeah I watched the dude they banned from the tournament circuit catch a huge shark.

·
Registered
391 Posts
They banned him because in a previous tournament they said his fish was previously frozen!!I guess there is alot of money involved and people will try to get away with things.I've caught a couple of sailfish but those sharks look incrediably tough.If it has fishin on it,im watching.

lyn

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have seen the shark show twice now. It's absolutly crazy! The most dangerous part is gaffing and trying to get the damn thing in the boat. I'm thinking my 20lb fluorocarbon leader might be a bit light????

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just a bit light, haha
yeah that show is awesome, porbably the most edited language on a fishing show, haha

·
Registered
410 Posts
My brother was in one last year. He said the hardest part about the whole think was getting the shark in the boat. 1 1/2 hours to land the thrasher shark and 2 plus hours getting it in and secured to make the run back for weigh in. 1st place Ocean City tourney 506 lb Thrasher shark.

The only proplem with the show is the nightnares my son has that night. Something with sharks and snakes.

JT

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Fisher32 said:
There are 2 tournys, one on ESPN and the other you already know.
Its actually the same tourney I just watched the episode I saw on the 4rth on ESPN on OLN yesturday.

·
Registered
87 Posts
One guy fighting and reeling the shark in for 2 hrs., two guys with gaphs or what ever those poles had on them trying to secure the shark while another one or two rope it to the boat then one jabs it in the neck with a butcher knife to put it asleep. Then hauling 500+ lbs. of shark into the boat. Extreme fishing man, gotta love it.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Just think there are a couple crews out there that are just 2 man crews... one is even husband and wife.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts