Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spend my winter months planning the 8months of fishing ahead. I do my share of ice fishing, but only to fill the burning desire I have to get tug on the line.

I spend most of my free time fishing or improving my skills by reading articles, books, posts, attending seminars, talking to fishermen. To say that fishing is important to me is an understatement. This year I will fish 100+days and go to my first PWT tourney. I love all fishing,but I love walleye fishing. Here is a link to a monster walleye being caught 16+ lbs. This guy has the most recent 10lb walleye caught on walleyecentral.com. Enjoy...two weeks until the walleye hunt begins for me .http://www.crestliner.com/uploads/resources/448/axbigwalleye.wmv

You should have high speed connection to try.

enjoy!!!!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Excuse me while I wipe the drool from my key board....

ytfvghb yiv.lfud. cxjbtb hclcxd

Ahh, much better. Wow, what state is that in do you know?

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Awesome! :eek:

Thats whyI have spent countless hours night fishing the last seven years! Sometimes I feel like Charlie Brown waiting for the Great pumpkin to show up. That gets me motivated to go out and freeze my ass off again this spring, LOL.

·
Registered
117 Posts
wow that is a nice fish!!!!!! right before i moved to the great state of colorado there was an article in fish and hunting about the walleye fishery in the columbia river most of the eye fishing is done above the Bonniveille dam thats where 90% of the eyes are caught. However they are just now starting to figure out that there alot of eye's below the dam. they think that the next record walleye is going to come from there due to amount of fish and little pressure, there were rumors of some eyes being caught in the low 20's and high teens. I just wish i fished from them when i was there spent 25 years fishin the columbia and never once fished for eyes it was always salmon,steelhead,and sturgeon and ocasionally smallies.what a shame :( I dont think there are alot of anglers going after the eyes. due to the sea run fish.if they are they are not talking. I will be fishing for those eyes next time i get back home just as long as the sturgeon are not bitting id much rather catch an 8'-12' sturgeon than an eye just my preferance. Cant wait to get back home after seeing that eye!!!!!!!!!!!!

James

·
Registered
117 Posts
One more thing i wanted to ask, are walleyes a predator fish if not what do there diets consist of ? Just curious never fished for an eye before. Hope to change that this year ;)

D

·
0 Posts
Neal/CO said:
Awesome! :eek:

Sometimes I feel like Charlie Brown waiting for the Great pumpkin to show up.
ROTFLMAO!!! What a great visual!

Yeah, I know what you mean. But, then, one day like majic.....

Well, you get the picture. ;D

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
Burn-n-daylight said:
One more thing i wanted to ask, are walleyes a predator fish if not what do there diets consist of ?  Just curious never fished for an eye before. Hope to change that this year ;)
yes big time predators, minnows shinners shad craws leeches small 'gills you name it

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've watched this show for the last 7 months on the sportsman channel, He has some great information. He has a two DVD set on dropshot fishing (his favorite method) that is awesome, there are no questions after watching it, but you may think of some adaptations on your own. He has even caught Lake trout up to 32 pounds, large walleye, smallmouth and trout dropshotting. I've e-mailed him several times and always get a friendly response.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts