Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
P I K E
10,084 Posts
HFlores should be since he is from that area, but you should know that!!! ::) I am from the Helena area and know the other aspect of the state like Canyon Ferry, Hauser, Holter and the Yellowstone around Livingston! What info are you looking for Dan?

·
P I K E
10,084 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
P I K E
10,084 Posts
HFlores said:
DanDANthefisherman made it here, I'll try to get him into some nice fish this week. We'll keep you posted.
That's great Herb, you guys have a great time! Maybe we can get together for a day at Canyon Ferry this July when I'm up there!!! We stay at the Silo's and usually troll for the walleye out front of the dikes.
CYA!!!
Tony

·
Registered
18 Posts
You don't have to go to Canada to catch them on purpose, it's legal here. Last springs 7 LB Bull on Lake Koocanusa, Montana. Lake Koocanusa is a long lake which runs into Canada from Montana.

Notice we fish with planner boards, it's behind me in the picture.

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
I was a guide in Bigfork for three years. I never got into much walleye, but flathead lake is great for lakers/trout. The flathead river above the lake is awesome for pike and the swan river above swan lake is excellent for trout....including huge bull trout...but you are not supposed to catch them SHHHHH ;D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts