Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Montgomery (near the top of Hoosier pass) with my dad - beautiful day and beyond great scenery. Overall fishing was ok, caught around 10 small very sick looking rainbows between the two of us. Grey Ugly flies always do the trick. I would highly suggest stopping by as it is very pretty there and fishing is usually decent. I don't know what was wrong with the trout, they were very very skinny and looked like they were coated in white slime. Still, it didn't stop 2 guys fishing there from keeping probably 20 10 inchers. Just so I know - what is the official limit for most lakes? I don't mind seeing people keep them but come on these trout were so small - let them grow up and I sure hope their intestines stay intact from eating these sick fish. Also, there are signs all over stating that the south side of the lake is closed to fishing so what do 2 other guys do? Just go right past the big sign at the inlet and continue down their sweet way to the south side of the lake. Can't decided which is worse, jet skiiers buzzing the boat or watching idiotic people ignore rules.
But hey a day with dad and catchin fish - can't beat that!

·
Registered
247 Posts
The official limit on any trout in the state is 4 per person, and then if its a brook trout and under (i think) 8 inches, you can keep 10 more. But rainbows, definately max of 4 regardless of size. 4 is the max and it that includes a mixed bag.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts