Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,
I just joined and trying to see if there are any club meetings for the Montrose area. I'm looking to find some other Kokenee boat fisherman for Blue Mesa kokes and trout. I have been blessed with my Dads boat, that has been docked, many summers, at Lake Fork Marina, I'm looking for companions to fish and help with the boat. My Dad, was very active in his fishing club in Loveland Colorado, and had a great time with his buddies and did alot of good community work. (took kids and seniors fishing.etc:) Do we have anything like that, here on the western slope, or do we have to start one;? "Have a great day fishing", Marie

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No fishing Club:{

Hey David, Thank you for responding and for some reason, there is no fishing club on the Western Slope. Im beginning to believe that fishing is becoming extinct along with all the other great outdoor activitiies. The younger generations seem to prefer, the great indoors, in front of some kind of screen;0 I didn't realize how blessed I was, to be raised by a Dad that was a real Colorado Mountain Man; Fishing, hunting, camping, hiking, jeeping, and knew all the great survival skills. I can't remember all that he taught me, but I sure hope to get his boat to Blue Mesa, this summer, and do some kokenee fishing. I welcome other fisherman, with boating experience:} Have a great day Fishing.

·
Registered
440 Posts
MissMarie,

Shoot i wish that was the issue. Too many people out fishing these days honestly. I know many Western slope fisherman. Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Dr. Cro, Your perspective is encouraging. Now, I just need to find, a Western Slope companion, with boat experience, and who thrives on catching and eating kokenee salmon, or trout if they're biting:} Let me know if you know anyone;) No catch and releasers. I only fish for coldwater fish and I only fish where you can catch and eat your dinner. Sorry, all you gold medal fisherman. Have a great day fishing.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Hi Dr. Cro, Your perspective is encouraging. Now, I just need to find, a Western Slope companion, with boat experience, and who thrives on catching and eating kokenee salmon, or trout if they're biting:} Let me know if you know anyone;) No catch and releasers. I only fish for coldwater fish and I only fish where you can catch and eat your dinner. Sorry, all you gold medal fisherman. Have a great day fishing.
By all means if you want to eat the fish you catch you are more then welcome and allowed by law so why not take advantage of it. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts