Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was in the Gazette today. The man who operated the RV camping area on Monument Lake has sold it to a developer who intends to build housing on the site. The city retains 3 ac. on the lake. This will insure public access but I am also sure the private development will henceforth be off limits to the public.

Hope the DOW continues with their plans to re-introduce warm water species to this lake and the private development doesn't change how the DOW manages this area.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
I heard this on the radio today... They said the city wouldnt let him do it, then they said the city is OK with it now. THings that make you go hmmmm.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ePic- Origially the city said his housing development wout be "too dense". He resubmitted the plans and the townhouse development will now only have 10,000 people per sq. inch. So the city said OK. ;D Its all about the money-it always had been.

It would have been nice if the city of Monument could have bought up the whole lake but I don 't think they had the dollars.

·
Registered
249 Posts
My dad is a cop up there, and knows the guy who bought it and who sold it. The lake itself is going to be open to public, BUT the housing will be around it. So if you ask me, its going to be another Quail Lake.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts