Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit monument at 7 this morning. Not a bite. Fished everything in my tackle box for about 2 hours. Then drove down to Pikeview. Cought a 14 incher right away with Powerbait on bottom.....I threw him back and was going to go talk to a guy I ALWAYS see at the lake. He told me that Prospect and Quail were stocked Wednesday so thought I would go down to Prospect to check it out. Fished Pikeview for about an hour longer. Got to Prospect and the wind was just howling. Fished powerbait on bottom, but i couldnt tell anything. I reeled in and had a fish on. A little 10 in. stocker that looked like the 1st picture in wonmorefishes topic. Threw him back. Moved to the other side of the lake with no bite. After about an hour at Prospect, thought I would drive back over to Pikeview again. Was there for about an hour with no bite.....Oh well, at least spring break is here and Ill go pretty much everyday. Next time Im going over to Quail to check out the action. I just need to find a place that keeps me occupied with fish. Lately Pikeview has been but today was the slowest it has EVER been for in the 10 times Ive been. thanks for reading.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Fort Carson recently stocked their lakes. Heard the fishing was good yesterday, but today was slow.
I foul hooked one stocker, fishing a jerk bait for Bass. Saw several other trout following my lures.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
earplug said:
Fort Carson recently stocked their lakes. Heard the fishing was good yesterday, but today was slow.
I foul hooked one stocker, fishing a jerk bait for Bass. Saw several other trout following my lures.
The good thing about Ft. Carson is they stock some huge trout.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts