Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went to monument today.... It was a circus, lots of drunk teenagers, automotive stupidity and asshats blowing their horns and kicking up dust..

Got into some fish on the far side of the lake from them.

But as I headed back to the car for some lunch some entertaining stuff went down. Some drunk girl who had been rally styling it overcorrected and rolled her car down the median/hill. Ended up on her side. Some of the drunk teens turned the car back on it's wheels. She parked the car. Some people called the police, the guy that was with her tried to run twice and was slammed down twice.. Multiple LEO's, ambulance, ladder truck, the whole circus was in town. The ladder truck backed into a car trying to get turned around.. All in all a entertaining day on the lake and I got to pack up without anybody throwing gravel and dust into my car for the first time ever there, do to all the police on scene!:)

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Yeah, because of a few dillrods the parking is going to change. I was at a town meeting a week or so ago and it won't be long before you won't be able to park next to the lake..parking will be in a lot instead.

It's too bad. That lake is popular for families with young kids and handicapped/elderly people..canoes, kayaks, belly boats. The ability to park next to the lake was always a benefit. Instead of changing the parking, they should set up a couple of cops there writing tickets for a week or two. That would take care of the problem..

As it is now, they patrol the lake regularly..but just a quick drive in and drive out.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Poor Bugz. First it was Sasquatch stomping all over the reds in Pueblo, now its people trying to drive into the lake at Monument.

Time to get away buddy.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Haha you got a free show. It's always nice to have some quality entertainment while your relaxing. I'll hit you up in a couple weeks about taking the toon's out to Monument. I sent you a PM, but I'm thinking the weekend after Easter.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
But then I would miss out on fish like these!!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Actually the Pacu was from Prospect Lake..... Enjoy your water skiing this summer!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts