Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone know if the ice is off at monument lake north of C-springs? Went up a little over a week ago and it was clear around the edges 4-5 ft. I am about ready to take out the toon!

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Hobie!

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
It is a hoot watching dink sunfish try and kill a popper!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Haha awesome man! SO the ice is off and the panfish are hungry eh? I need to get my toon up there with my little 5'6" 2wt glass and have a hay day. I'll let you know when

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
I was eating lunch the other day at O'Malley's and the waitress told me they are refilling Palmer Lake this summer? Sure sucks having that big empty hole there!!!! I bet the people who live on the hill behind it are really pissed!

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
I was eating lunch the other day at O'Malley's and the waitress told me they are refilling Palmer Lake this summer? Sure sucks having that big empty hole there!!!! I bet the people who live on the hill behind it are really pissed!
Yeah, they dredged it and are working out the details with Monument on acquiring the old railroad water rights in order to fill it. I owned a lot above the lake and sold it for $85,000 right before the lake went dry. Mom still has two lots there.

Biggest problem is it will only have stockers when they refill the lake...great for kids..but all of the pike that were in there came from Woodmoor lake..bucket biology..and sure as heck..the DOW isn't going to put any in when it fills back up..

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Yeah, they dredged it and are working out the details with Monument on acquiring the old railroad water rights in order to fill it. I owned a lot above the lake and sold it for $85,000 right before the lake went dry. Mom still has two lots there.

Biggest problem is it will only have stockers when they refill the lake...great for kids..but all of the pike that were in there came from Woodmoor lake..bucket biology..and sure as heck..the DOW isn't going to put any in when it fills back up..
I never fished it. But in the last year it has sucked looking at the big hole! Kooser told me about the Pike in there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts