Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who here fishes the moon phases. I always try to work around the full and new moon. I've had better luck with the full with quantity and better luck with the new for quality. If anyone wants to try this as a new thing, I'd like to remind you that weather still affects how well the "so-called strategy" works.

What's your experience? Lets discuss!

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Brett

That's a good attitude, bud. Don't get me wrong, I go by the same ways you do. I just tend to concentrate a little harder on the moon phases if weather permits. But once again, that's a great attitude for any angler.

I've got a buddy who's not your passionate hardcor fisherman who fishes spontaniously. He'll just suddenly wake up one day and head out on his own if I aint there. He usually has a great time and usually gets these incredible catches that makes me 'wonder'. He always tells me that he does it for the simple joy and relaxation. I've caught plenty of wipers, crappies, white bass, perch, bucketmouths, catfish and trout in my times which is only 22 years worth so far, but never before have caught a wiper over 28 inches. This buddy of mine is someone who I know that has. Funny thing about it is... He says "It was nothin. It was fun."

If it was me, I'd have already told the whole town, everybody and their mother. :D

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Then again, I have hit jackpots before on days when the lunar calendar says that it'll be least productive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts