1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
485 Posts
Were you able to cast this prior to purchasing the rod? If so, where did you find one or is this strictly an internet buy? I have enough rods as it is but this sounds like it might be interesting to at least try out at a shop and see how it casts and how much it actually weighs.

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I took a chance and ordered without trying it, but it's easily returned if you don't like it. I also look at reviews before buying.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I bought this rod for fishing the Ark as an all around rod. For $200 i'm impressed with the workmanship, looks, and action. A really pleasant rod to cast. Anybody looking for a rod i'd consider this one. It even comes with a spare tip and a no fault lifetime warranty. Really good guys to deal with.

https://www.moonshinerods.com/collections/the-drifter/products/the-drifter-5wt-9ft-matte
Thanks for praising these guys, I have one of their rods that I use at 11 Mile Canyon solid rod, the castability is great, have landed many fish of various sizes. The rod and the handle finish are gorgeous work.

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
I've seen the workmanship... Decent price point... I would be interested to cast it. I know I've felt some amazing rods that are cheaper, and others that are a lot of bling...

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I sold it without ever casting it. My buddy has one and I cast it but mine was uncast when I sold it. I got involved with other stuff.

My balance has gotten to bad to be fly fishing anymore. Next year i'll probably go back to a spin rod and fish lakes. I don't need good balance for that. Getting old sucks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts