Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Earlier on in the year I stepped on a fox squirrel on accident which got me a little wacked out already. I work in an office enviroment and would never think that any more encounters with wildlife other than prairie dogs would occur at work. Once again, I was wrong. This time, it's inside the building. My co-worker, a very nice lil ol' lady, came banging and clanging through the door and shut it behind her loudly while panting for breath. At 1st she laughed and said, "I did not just see that!"

I was like, "Wha?"

She replied, "Bat!! I saw a huge bat!"

I responded with sarcasm, "No way, was it Alex?!" (another-coworker from a different department)

"No, if you don't believe me, go look for yourself."

So another co-worker, Aaron, a youngin like myself, and I proceded slowly out the door. It was quiet, well lit and there was nothing. I looked to the left and to the right with nothing in sight. I carefully inched into the middle of the hallway and just as I turned my head left, SWOOSH!!!

A huge bird flew right over my head almost slapping me in the head with it's wings! I turned to look as it flys down the hallway. Aaron was laughing his headset off and I was like "Woah! what in God's name was that?!"

NOTE: This office I'm in does not have real walls except on the outter edges of the four walled room. The center consists of many cubicles with isles running through them. The outer isle is like a frame around the cubicles and that's what we call the hallway.

We waited for just about another 2 to 3 minutes and another guy comes walking down the hallway. As soon as he waved to us and looked at us kind of funny because we were poking our heads out the doorway, this thing pops out of the corner, comes up behind him and just dives all crazily over his head! We shouted, "Watch out!" He then ducked, slipped two or three four letter words and surprisingly, we all just laughed about it and watched as it flew by. This time I had a closer look and confirmed that it was a bat. Pretty big for a bat! It's wingspan had to be at least a foot from tip to tip! It kept flying in circles around the call center along the walls, but it seems to dive at every person it passes by. Everyone out in the center cubicles are freaking out as we speak! "AAAAAAHHA AHHAHHAAHAHHHAHAH AHHAHA!!!"

It's sad, but hilarious! The goofy security guy here at work is now running up and down the stairs and throughout the call building trying to catch it with a fishing net. It's been like an hour and still no one has caught the little critter! What's next, the coyotes? (knock on wood)

·
Registered
164 Posts
AAAHHHHH HAHHAHAHA MAN THAT IS A COOL STORY! the wierdest thing i found was a tiger salamander in the snow peas, the snow peas came from mexico i used to work at a chinese restaraunt my boss freaked out and the cook says that they eat them in mexico, thats freaky man.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts