Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a free day yesterday and was able to make it up to the lake around noon. It was slightly windy with very heavy snowfall. I only caught maybe five fish but they’re getting bigger. Got them on a big chartreuse Sierra spoon with red dots and a big silver rat-l-trap. Hopefully the big ones will be in close sometime over the next two weeks. I tried big lures like the bbz1 and a few other again but no luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16,630 Posts
brookies and lakers love perch coloed lures. Itys one of my goto high lake colors. No perch up there either!

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
brookies and lakers love perch coloed lures. Itys one of my goto high lake colors. No perch up there either!

I’ll keep that in mind. I know the lakers where I fish (over 24 inches) primarily eat Kokanee and trout....and I always see Kokanee schools swimming up and down the dam. I think casting Kokanee-style swimbaits into/around the schools could be productive for targeting big fish exclusively.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Had a free day yesterday and was able to make it up to the lake around noon. It was slightly windy with very heavy snowfall. I only caught maybe five fish but they’re getting bigger. Got them on a big chartreuse Sierra spoon with red dots and a big silver rat-l-trap. Hopefully the big ones will be in close sometime over the next two weeks. I tried big lures like the bbz1 and a few other again but no luck.

That's so awesome!! Keep slayin em out there man!! :thumb:

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Good job getting out, man! :thumb:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts