Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another 4 american citizens have been shot and killed today in or around Ciudad Juarez. Just don't get why people would voluntarily visit a city that has the highest murder rate in the entire world(reportedly). Things like this just really make me shake my head in disbelief at folks that support "gun control". Personal ownership of handguns is completely illegal in mexico and ownership/use of any type of gun is severely restricted there but they have a monstrous problem with violence perpetuated by bad folks with guns. Like I always say.....you just can't legislate bad human behavior because laws only work on those that are previously disposed to following them anyhow. Sometimes we don't have to look too far to see just how good and peaceful we really have it here.

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
Well said dude. I couldn't agree any more to be sure. "Gun control" is a joke of the worst kind. It just stops the right people from getting guns for protection while criminals continue to acquire and use them.

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
I just saw on the news that there have been over 2,000 murders there already this year, and that murder investigations almost never result in the crimes being solved. The unarmed innocents are just getting slaughtered by the armed criminals. What a place.

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
I was there a couple years back... Took my grandpa and father in law... We had a "blast"

HAHAHA

Sole... I hear ya, but also think that the example in Mexico is the extreme... I hate extremes. They say no to every type of gun... lame. Limiting certain aspects of gun ownership/usage is not a problem. The problem lies in the idea that if you give a little in our current gov, you are seen as this or that. No compramise. It aint a tough decision to restrict the posession of a gun like an automatic uzzi or AK 47. While they are obtainable to anyone who tries hard enough, if you have em in every gun store, eventually it will become the gun of choice for criminals. The outcomes of crime could be far worse if that type of weapon were the standard for criminals instead of the common pistol.

My point isn't that I like gun control. I don't. My point is that our gov system has become so polarized, that compramise and rational thinking is out the window.

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
solesearcher34 said:
Oyey said:
I was there a couple years back... Took my grandpa and father in law... We had a "blast"

HAHAHA
ROFL........seriously warped you are! :D
I have been around the world and in many dangerous areas. and Juarez is no different. You just have to know where not to go and what situations to stay away from. It aint any different than working in the southside of Chicago (which I did)... You just be careful and know what to/not to do.

I would go back to Juarez in a hearbeat. I had a blast. You roll the dice no matter what you do... I myself will not let fear dictate the way I live (and I am not insinuating that you do).

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oyey said:
solesearcher34 said:
Oyey said:

HAHAHA
ROFL........seriously warped you are! :D
I have been around the world and in many dangerous areas. and Juarez is no different. You just have to know where not to go and what situations to stay away from. It aint any different than working in the southside of Chicago (which I did)... You just be careful and know what to/not to do.

I would go back to Juarez in a hearbeat. I had a blast. You roll the dice no matter what you do... I myself will not let fear dictate the way I live (and I am not insinuating that you do).
Well said Jason......and yes, I guess I also do take "calculated risks" on a regular basis now that I think about it.

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
I agree with your overall mentality doobs, but a "couple years back" is a different story than how it is right now. I wouldn't wanna see you go down there right now. Things have definitely changed a bit in the past few years.

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
Rivrunnr1 said:
I agree with your overall mentality doobs, but a "couple years back" is a different story than how it is right now. I wouldn't wanna see you go down there right now. Things have definitely changed a bit in the past few years.
Speak for yourself. For those of us that don't like good ol doobs... I'll hope that he goes down there sooner rather then later.

I'm kidding Jason.

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
I spent a day tipping back dos equis in Juarez in 1987 and it was pretty nice. I've flown to El Paso and driven to Las Cruces several times in the past 7 or 8 years, and the squalor looking at it from this side of the border is just shocking. No way I'd go back there now.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Just about every area with strict gun control has a much higher crime rate than areas where gun ownership and carrying is easier. If I was president, I would be sending Army Rangers down to the border, Navy SEALS to Falcon and Amistad lakes to take out the pirates, and using convicts to help build a barrier on the border, under the supervision of the National Guard.

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
IceInTheVeins. said:
If I was president, I would be sending Army Rangers down to the border, Navy SEALS to Falcon and Amistad lakes to take out the pirates, and using convicts to help build a barrier on the border, under the supervision of the National Guard.
Depending on if you cross into foreign waters/territory, that could be considered an act of war. But I do agree.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Jörmungandr said:
solesearcher34 said:
Jörmungandr said:
Mexico is the prime example of what happens when corruption runs completely unchecked
Couldn't agree with you more Goonie!
once again, people choose to not read or only read what the news tells them. or not read a history book for that matter.

unchecked capitalism ---> the elimination of the middle class ---> corporations that use their funds to buy politicians that pass laws to benefit their companies + pissed off working class people that are sick of watching rich people walk all over them and selling their country out = people who find ways to make money using other means outside of the law.
People that are of the mind to make money illegally do not need an outside excuse to do so....the greed is inherent to their nature.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Slimer said:
IceInTheVeins. said:
If I was president, I would be sending Army Rangers down to the border, Navy SEALS to Falcon and Amistad lakes to take out the pirates, and using convicts to help build a barrier on the border, under the supervision of the National Guard.
Depending on if you cross into foreign waters/territory, that could be considered an act of war. But I do agree.
Amistad and Falcon are international.

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
IceInTheVeins. said:
Just about every area with strict gun control has a much higher crime rate than areas where gun ownership and carrying is easier. If I was president, I would be sending Army Rangers down to the border, Navy SEALS to Falcon and Amistad lakes to take out the pirates, and using convicts to help build a barrier on the border, under the supervision of the National Guard.
I wonder if they roll their ARRGHH's?

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
Koldkut said:
IceInTheVeins. said:
I wonder if they roll their ARRGHH's?
Damn. Good question. I'll have to ask Denises dad to talk like a pirate next time we're hammering down some Dos Equis.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts