Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have an old mortar Shell Can that I'd like to sell. I've used it to store ammo because it's air/watertight. I'm in foco and will meet you around town. This thing has a lot of potential uses. Some of the original markings are still on the Can. It's 23by14by5-3/4in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
yeah, i'm very interested.
i think if you call with an approx. weight and dimensions they will tell you over the phone. shipping to cascade. co (co.spgs basically).

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah, i'm very interested.
i think if you call with an approx. weight and dimensions they will tell you over the phone. shipping to cascade. co (co.spgs basically).

Ok thx. I'll try that and get back to you.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I posted this on CL and there's a guy in foco that texted me this morning and will pick it up after work. Thx for your interest but I'd prefer to just sell it face to face and not have to deal with shipping it and all that.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
If it was me, I would also prefer to sell locally for cash. Nothing personal.

Yeah, me too. But telling dude you'll check price and get back, then selling to someone else took away his chance to pony up more cash to make it worth while for the seller. Just not the way to do a fellow forum member and fisherman... IMHO

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Yeah, me too. But telling dude you'll check price and get back, then selling to someone else took away his chance to pony up more cash to make it worth while for the seller. Just not the way to do a fellow forum member and fisherman... IMHO

Probably could have been handled differently. And there are exceptions, but I'm not sure for the most part that there is any more connection between two guys that lost on a forum who you don't really know and someone you don't know off of craigslist.

I travel for work pretty much every week. I wouldn't want to take the time to pack and ship something if I didn't have to. And the potential buyer could have come up to Fort Collins if they really wanted it.

And who knows if it'sabigone would have been willing to pay what it cost to pack and ship. Really tough when you have a cash buyer right in front of you.

But I probably would have said no to shipping to begin with.

Not my circus. Not my monkeys.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Probably could have been handled differently. And there are exceptions, but I'm not sure for the most part that there is any more connection between two guys that lost on a forum who you don't really know and someone you don't know off of craigslist.

I travel for work pretty much every week. I wouldn't want to take the time to pack and ship something if I didn't have to. And the potential buyer could have come up to Fort Collins if they really wanted it.

And who knows if it'sabigone would have been willing to pay what it cost to pack and ship. Really tough when you have a cash buyer right in front of you.

But I probably would have said no to shipping to begin with.

Not my circus. Not my monkeys.

As far as time/money to ship... it ain't a Faberge egg, lol.
Prolly take 10 mins. and the shipping co. would have thrown it in a box w/some bubble wrap. Bet it would have been less than 15-18 bucks. Like you say, "Not my circus. Not my monkeys" but just not my way of doing bizness. Should have said no shipping from the jump.
Anyway...

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I feel like it's not as big of a deal as some of you are trying to make it. Like I said, I appreciate his interest. But, I did what was easiest for me. With work, moving, school, volunteer work, homework and trying to find and finance an RV, I'm kinda busy right now. You guys are trying to make it personal when it isn't. I don't know any of you. I'm sorry you didn't get the can. I found that thing in the corner of a random booth at the tanner gun show for like $15. They can't be hard to find, especially if you have an army surplus store or something similar nearby....

1 - 20 of 27 Posts