Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the mountains over the fourth. Enjoyed the parade and fire works in Silverton. On the 5th went hiking in the mountains in search of a lake that was to hold some nice brookies and cutthroats. Made it to the lake but was chased off by lighting and thunder before I could wet a line. So on the way out took many pictures of the wild flowers that were in bloom. (as you will see) Please feel free to name any of the flowers as I do not know most of them. I do know the Colorado Columbine and Indian Paint Brush but not any of the rest.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Did manage to catch a couple of brookies out of the creek on a blue fox but no camera was around.

Thanks for looking. Hope you enjoyed. I know I did.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Wow! Great variety of flowers for sure!! Those were all found in relative close proximity to each other?

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Beautiful flowers. I think that's the prettiest area in Colorado. Showed them to my wife and she thinks we should hike the 4th of July trail this weekend.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RVINSON

I would say they were within a mile or so of each other. The hike was 2 miles in and up 3000 ft. I would have to look at the times of the photos to see if any were above timberline but i do not think so. I was shocked at how many types I had gotten on film when I returned home.

HOBIECAT

Colorado is so beautiful. I have a hard time saying which part is the best. Well I could say "Where ever you are at, is the best"! I am partial to the FLATTOPS just cuz i grew up around there and spent lots of time there as a kid.

Headed for another camp trip this weekend in the WEST ELKS. Hope to get a little more fishing in and another good hike or two.

Hope to hear your story when you return.(just wish I could see your pics :( )

P-DOG

THANK YOU.

·
Registered
991 Posts
# 6 is a Hairbell, #14 is larkspur, I think #9 is a wallflower (my mom used to call them Johnny Jump Up) Several others in there I should know and can't think of their names...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts