·
Registered
4,879 Posts
Very impressive.

Your tall tale, not your casting.

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
i think you will find the weather here very enjoyable, the humidity is very low and 30 deg is light coat weather here. lake pueblo had an ice cap this year for the first time in many years. most years you can boat it year around, however when on the water is feels colder. but shirtsleve temps in dec and jan are very common. the bass structure here is mostly rocks and humps and ledges. we get most of our bigger bass in the winter in 25 plus fow while fishing for eyes. as the water gets cold in the top 10 feet of water the bass go deep where the eyes hang out in warmer water. this lake is 2 hours or less right down I _ 25 from anywhere in the denver metro area. one of the best things about living along the front range is our snow is measured in a few inchs and is usualy gone in a couple of days, but you can look west and see all the snow you want a few miles away and 9000 feet higher.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
^^yep.

And it'll be 70-75 degrees in Denver... You can drive an hour or two and ice fish through 3 feet of ice. Best diversity of terrain and opportunity of any place I've ever lived. If you dig trout...which I do. ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
The weather and cold is not a big deal for me. Well I would not want to live in Fargo or Grand Forks, but I think I would be happy with Denver weather from all the research I have found. Looks to me like the highs are just about perfect except for a few days in july when it looks like it can get pretty hot. However 90-100 out there with no humidity is not like the 90-100 with 80% humidity is here. That will be nice. And it appears that at night your lows fall more then they do here. so a 60 degree day can still fall into a 10 degree night when here on a normal night (no fronts moving in) our lows only fall about 15-20 degrees from the high. But thats at night when your inside and only have to deal with it in the morning when you leave. I am ok with that. I am sure I will at least try ICE fishing. just to say i did if nothing else. But I know for 100% sure i want to trout fish and even learn to fly fish. I love to wade the rivers and catch smallmouth here so it can't be much different out there except for colder water.

So my wife used to be a math teacher (grade 1-12). She gave it up about 4-5 years ago after so many politics and drama in the schools here. She has always wanted to teach again so I know this is not the right place for this question, but can any of you tell me about the schools? Are they in need of teachers or are they flooded each year with new blood like they are here? Are they bad schools she needs to stay away from? or schools that she for sure wants to apply for. Thanks everyone! you have all been such a big help.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
I don't now what kind of pressure there is when it comes to new teachers coming in but there are definitely some good schools that im sure she would love to work at. Then again there are also plenty that are probably not for her, there are a few school districts in the are im sure she could find something. Some high schools in the area are new and fancy and others look like prisons, Im sure you could find more information online about the schools and school districts. The looks of the schools themselves would probably give your wife a clue on whether or not she would like to work there

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
I have a friend who's wife is a teacher in the Douglass County Schools. She makes decent enough money to support him starting a small business and going through the highs and lows associated with that, if that helps you.

Denver Metro is a big area.

You have inner city schools and outlying areas in the suburbs (good and bad schools in both), so take your choice on school districts, ethnicity and median income of the kids families.

They ALL can always use good teachers.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts