Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I am moving to Powers Blvd south of Fountaine Blvd. There is a res that is called Big Johnson Res. within just a couple miles from me. Does anyone know it that is fishable and/or open to the public. Also does anyone know of any other places to fish close to that area?
Sorry for all the questions and not having any input on things but things have been going pretty bad for me lately. Hoping maybe fishing might make things look a little bit brighter.

Thanks
Jim

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Im not sure if you can fish it or not, but the easiest way I find, is to locate the closet gas station to the lake, and see if they sell worms and other fishing equipment on one of the little shelves in the corner. If they do, you can bet its fishable. Ask the front counter, Im sure they can steer you in the right direction. Look for Wallmarts, or Garts, any sports place, and they can be extremely helpful at times too.

Not sure what you have been going through, but I hope it all works out for the best. I don't know any better stress reliever then fishing, and I wish you luck at it. Just take care of yourself, keep your lines tight, and let nature calm this madness we call life.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Please accept my sincerest condolences. No matter what stretch of life you are from, that has to be one of the hardest things to go through. Keep your chin up, and take care of yourself.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Big Johnson is owned by a Sportsmans Club last I heard. Not sure which one but it is fenced and is marked with the name and numbers.....

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks FF I appreciate it. Yeah, my siblings and I are just taking things one day at a time.

Hi sth, I had heard it was owned by a club years ago but wasn't sure if it still was. I guess I will just keep my eyes open. I guess I can always sneek onto Appletree Golf Course and fish till they kick me out. lol

Jim

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Lake is private-the sports club that owned it went out of business. A developer owns the shorline area now-plans to put up housing. The city ownes alot of the land around the lake but has no lake access.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts