Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Pfftt! You don't need a fancy bass bass boat to go drown some worms and catch bluegills. Could do that in a death boat. ;D And it's far as hell for a couple of dozen gills. :D

·
Registered
16,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pfftt! You don't need a fancy bass bass boat to go drown some worms and catch bluegills. Could do that in a death boat. ;D And it's far as hell for a couple of dozen gills. :D
You don't get it. I love catching gills. That would be heaven. And then hit the tiger lake on the way home!:thumb:

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
You don't get it. I love catching gills. That would be heaven. And then hit the tiger lake on the way home!:thumb:
To each their own I guess. I personally prefer the lowly white bass. :D If I am going to go that far, it better be something bigger than gills and/or more exotic. This would be pretty cool:

·
Registered
624 Posts
Ronco,

Last night i go over to my buddies house and he was literally watching that video. I would rather do that too if she was on the boat fishing haha.

·
Registered
16,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
**** Ron, Your wife would stab you-

·
Registered
16,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i'm thinking 2-5lb sunfish are fairly exotic! Its not that far. And its nice weather. And it's cheap! Bwahahahaha-

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
i'm thinking 2-5lb sunfish are fairly exotic! Its not that far. And its nice weather. And it's cheap! Bwahahahaha-
Good luck catching that 5 pounder! :D But I guess a 2 pounder would be nice enough. Exotic is relative... Slimers are exotic for someone from the south. :D

·
Registered
24,552 Posts
Come on AO...i got Slayer taking his 3 wt and a 2lb sunny turning sideways being stubborn...so what if he's using a garden hackle for the fly...that would be a hoot...

·
Registered
16,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ao is a sunfish snob. Just like some people won't eat a hot dog-

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Come on AO...i got Slayer taking his 3 wt and a 2lb sunny turning sideways being stubborn...so what if he's using a garden hackle for the fly...that would be a hoot...
I'm sure it will be a fun trip. Just not enough exoticism for me, which is a personal preference. And, in the absence of sufficient novelty effect, not enough foraging to be worthwhile. ;D

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Ao is a sunfish snob. Just like some people won't eat a hot dog-
Not a snob at all. My favorite fish to catch is white bass. Most people would rank that below bluegills. But 50-100 2-4 lbs white bass a day is a good time! As for hot dogs, I leave that to women and children. :D

·
Registered
236 Posts
I thought I was doing great this spring when I found a lake with 8-10" gills but that's nothing compared to those monsters, On the bright side it was only a 1/2 hour drive from my house.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts