Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been a tough year so far....at least for me. With the lakes bulging at the seams and the water Mississippi brown, I have not had any luck fishing. Most of the normal spring spots are 6-10ft deeper than usual at Chatfield, and now the ponds are flooded too. I have tried a few other places without the boat. Anyone having luck anywhere along the front range? I am not asking for your secret spot, but just looking for some advice to get into some fish. This water and weather has made it more difficult than I have ever remembered. Thanks

BTW, I took the boat up to the restrooms at Chatfield the other day. The dar said there was 4.5ft at the front door to the swim beach bathrooms. I heard it's even higher now. I parked the boat for a minute in one of the handicapped spots at the swim beach, never seen it this high before.

·
Registered
294 Posts
It has been a tough year so far....at least for me. With the lakes bulging at the seams and the water Mississippi brown, I have not had any luck fishing. Most of the normal spring spots are 6-10ft deeper than usual at Chatfield, and now the ponds are flooded too. I have tried a few other places without the boat. Anyone having luck anywhere along the front range? I am not asking for your secret spot, but just looking for some advice to get into some fish. This water and weather has made it more difficult than I have ever remembered. Thanks

BTW, I took the boat up to the restrooms at Chatfield the other day. The dar said there was 4.5ft at the front door to the swim beach bathrooms. I heard it's even higher now. I parked the boat for a minute in one of the handicapped spots at the swim beach, never seen it this high before.

I was out at Chatfield last weekend to get my new to my Thunder Jet wet for the first time. Fishing seemed kind of pointless with all of the extra water out there. Chatty already had a bad year for eggs. This isn't going to help. When the water goes down there are going to be pools full of fish all over the park.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts