Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Brush Hollow for the last time this year. Man, that sucks to say that. It was a little slow today but I did manage a few fish. 2 bass, 2 sunfish, and 1 crappie. Here is a pic of the bass. I caught it on a senko. I actually had to deadstick the senko to get the 2 bass i caught. If you are thinking about going fishing at brush hollow with a boat don't. I barely got my boat back out of the water. Damn shame too. Why am i paying 5 dollars for this habitat stamp when the habitat I care about is being forgotten about? You know if they could keep water in this lake for more then 10 years you could most likely pull out a 9 pound largemouth. Brush Hollow isn't very big but it is just big enough and coupled with the longer growing season ie warmer weather this could be a fantastic fishery.

Look at the belly on this fish. He or she had a little sunfish in her belly I could feel it. I hope she makes it. There won't be much oxygen in the water this summer.

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like fishing the entire lake but for bass the north end is best for me. With the water low like it is finding any good water to fish is a chore.

·
OG LOKE
18,957 Posts
Nice fish man! I have never fished there before...do they have smallmouth there too?

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I heard they do but I have never caught one. Hopefully next year it will be full like last year. The fishing can be really good. I think if I really put my mind too it I could catch 5 species of fish in one day there. I might have trouble with the walleye but hey i could get lucky.

F

·
0 Posts
Hey bro, it was nice to meet you out there today. We ended up with about 38 sunfish afterall, once we got them laid out on newspaper and counted. Looks like you didnt do too bad yourself, we ended up catching one 14" bass off a nightcrawler, but other than that, just sunfish and trout. We'll be out there again tomorrow with the women, after a great fish fry tonight its hard to sit around on sunday. See you on the water man.

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was nice meeting you too. I don't know if you will get your boat on the water again tomorrow. I guess maybe if you have 4 wheel drive maybe. I going to Pueblo instead. Thats great that you caught that many sunfish and kept them. Hopefully you can catch that many today too. later

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Waterwolves you're absolutely right about the Hollow. It could be a great warm water fishery. The boat ramp sucks even when the water is up, especially when it's windy. I fish by myself a lot and trying to launch without getting your boat beat against the rocks is a real problem. It's almost better to have a light aluminum boat you can launch from the shore on the other side of the lake.

F

·
0 Posts
I'll be trying to launch from the south/west shore next time i get out there. I saw about 5 trucks stuck in the mud on the north bank on sunday. I have a 4wd, but one of the trucks i saw was buried halfway up the door...

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
i hear a lot of griping about the water levels at brush hollow. we have to remember that is a res for irrigation first and we should be happy we get to fish it at all

F

·
0 Posts
I think it makes us feel a little better when we can complain a little though, kinda saying it sucks that we cant get our boats on there anymore. When a lake is productive with a couple different species its kinda a shame to see it drained so quickly. You do have a valid point though, gotta see the lake for what it was meant for, not for what we want it to be for.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
im just happy to have a little warm water fishing close to home. and maybe if it stays low enough for a few years we will get some serious brush growth and then when the drought fades and it fills again it just might be incredible. thats what im hopeing for

1 - 12 of 12 Posts