• big creek

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Eagle Lake, Ontario  ;)

I caught this one (My first) last summer.  I've tried Pinewood a couple times here with no luck.  I'm going to try Evergreen at some point too...

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
i keep threatining to try them at deweese, supposed to be a bunch of them in there

·
Registered
664 Posts
gotmuskie? said:
Nice fish!!! that's a pure strain muskie and not a tiger right?
Yeah, that's a real one. Natural Canadian Shield lakes have real, wild muskies in them. Tigers are a stocked species that are bred by man although I've heard of tigers ocurring in the wild when northerns and muskies spawn together.

·
Registered
699 Posts
hey kahuna maybe if you were not so bloody pushy for info somebody might give you a decent answer but as far as i am concerned you are way way to pushy for info on fishin holes. quite asking and go find your own man

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
i dont see what your talking about , he is just asking what everyones favorite spot to fish for muskies is , there is no shame in asking , no need to get out of hand on the subject

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
skindzier said:
Eagle Lake, Ontario ;)

I caught this one (My first) last summer. I've tried Pinewood a couple times here with no luck. I'm going to try Evergreen at some point too...

The look on your girl's face is priceless, she is like wow there's fish in here that biiiig!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yeah - I think the look on her face is my favorite part of the picture! Yes, this is a pure strain muskie. There are some lakes in the area that have quite a few naturally occuring tigers too.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Pinewood.
My Wife caught this one in 2002. 43" 19 inch girth and 23lbs. Funny thing is that we were trout fishing! Salmon eggs, 6lb test and an ultralight rod and reel. She fought it like a pro!.

·
Registered
674 Posts
BNC04 said:
Pinewood.
My Wife caught this one in 2002. 43" 19 inch girth and 23lbs. Funny thing is that we were trout fishing! Salmon eggs, 6lb test and an ultralight rod and reel. She fought it like a pro!.

I have to say that I am lovin the stripes on that fish. The color is amazing. Bet your wife was just as suprised as you when she set the hook on that fish. Catching that fish on trout tackle is an outstanding accomplishment.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Yes, the fish had great color and markings. It was a little funny in that when the fish it, there was no tap-tap- pull like a trout would hit ( fishing on the bottom with eggs). When it hi, the pole just did a slow steady bend and when she grabbed the pole, it just started to sing... I knew then what it was but had no idea how big it was until it jumped. Where we were, the water was quite shallow for a long ways out so as she worked it closer, it would run parallel to the shore in long runs, rolling and jumping at the same time. I know we were the luckiest people on the planet to actually land the fish. But I'll take it :) The hook was embedded in the fleshy top part of the lower jaw so the line never entered the mouth and was able to avoid the teeth but the line was quite frayed from all the rolling etc that it did and I don't think it would have lasted another run.
Brett

·
Registered
603 Posts
Yes, We did eat the fish and it was my first taste of frish from the pike family. It was some of the best tasting fish I have ever had and I'm not a big fan of the taste of fish usually.

My wife calls it "the ugly fish" and yes, she was amazed at the thing. she had no idea that there were Tigers in the lake and had not seen one before. She grew up fishing the rivers with her dad and had not fished lakes all that much before I came along. It is the fish of a lifetime for her and one that holds fond memories on many different levels.
Brett

·
Registered
59 Posts
Let mine go, took the kid home. :)

Believe it or not, in Eagle Lake muskies have to be 50" to keep - they manage it strictly as a trophy fishery for muskies. Mine was "only" 43", so it wasn't even legal.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts