Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone else noticed that the fishing seems to suck when these little bastards start swimming around and coming up into your ice hole? :mad:

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
In my ponds I've got one that comes out and eats pellets right along with the Rainbows, they coexist well if you ever see an Otter though forget it.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Nothing will startle you more than a muskrat popping it's head up thru the ice hole when you are staring at you rod or bobber. I only had it happen once and it surprised me so much I nearly fell down trying to get away.
Parker Tom it's not about beavers lol.

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nothing will startle you more than a muskrat popping it's head up thru the ice hole when you are staring at you rod or bobber. I only had it happen once and it surprised me so much I nearly fell down trying to get away.
Parker Tom it's not about beavers lol.
wait till one day you are laying on the ice looking down the hole and it happens.. super fun right there.. maybe that's why i only did that a couple of times.. :eek:

one time i fell asleep in my little shelter and i heard some water splash and i woke up and one was standing there on the ice in my shelter looking at me. i just about dropped a poo...

·
Registered
16,692 Posts
wait till one day you are laying on the ice looking down the hole and it happens.. super fun right there..
Yeah had it happen 3 times at 11-mile. Used to lay on the ice and sight fish all the time. Scares the livin bajeebus outta you!

·
Registered
16,692 Posts
What's that LCjerkbait always says?--Hung like a gerbil!

·
Registered
24,633 Posts
One of the years at the Delanney Tournaments a guy hooked a good fish and was by himself and we came over to help him land it...after a bit he got it up in the hole...had flank hooked a muskrat...never seen 3 people vanish so fast...sorry buddy youre on your own!...

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I used to get them a lot when I fished for pike at 11 Mile. I once had one come back about eight or ten times over two hours. It would get some air, look at us, then duck away.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts