Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No, not both at the same time.
A. I have pulled a few muskies out of Quincy (mainly on flies) since last August, never more than two in a trip, but I've almost always had follows and/or strikes. the fish are definitely still there.
B. Has anyone fished RMNP lately? I'm loooking to go up and flyfish on Friday and wold like to get away from the world for a while. Walking is no problem, in fact the longer the hike the better. Thanks in advance for any replies. Sorry I keep asking for advice.

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
For currant info on Park lakes/stream fishing I'd call...

1. Kirk's - (970) 577-0790

They always have good currant info, otherwise try the Estes Park Mt. shop. - (970) 586-6548

If you don't get ahold of them, grab an EP Trail Gazett (Friday's edition). In the TV section, there's a weekly fishing report (including RMNP), that gives suggestions also.

Good Luck,
James

N

·
0 Posts
Interesting Volfan, I have heard some mixed things about that.
Guess the best way to weed through it is to go see for myself, huh?!LOL

Had a buddy go up for "the last chance" in RMNP. Said he did well, mostly stillwater, mostly brookies, don't know where for sure, could find out if ya like.
P.S.
Tennesse boy are ya?

F

·
0 Posts
I've fished quincy for a few years usually between 15-20 times a year and have only had one follow. Are you fishing in a specific spot. A few years ago I would go to the back cove and dig my fins into the mud until I had a little swarm of bluegill and perch following me. Eventually I would end up with a nice largemouth or tiger behind them, But that was 4 or 5 years ago. hard to believe for me but you have never given me or anyone else a reason not to give you the benifit of the doubt. Any tips for a spin fisherman to get into a few volfan? I would really appreciate it for next year.

Thanks,
Eric Allee

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll pm both of you as far as spots and techniques, I think I may have sent it to FG already.
Yes, I am a TN boy, although not too proud of it this year.

M

·
0 Posts
I have never seen what i could verify as a tiger out of quincy, i have only targeted them a few times anyway

im sure they are still in there and ive always hoped that i would accidentally catch olne trout fishing, i wouldnt mind some information if your willing
i cant help u with rmp, i was on a hike one time and dropped a san juan into a stream and caught brooks all day, i dont know what it was though, 10 mile hike and pretty

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I'm going to fish Ouzel Creek above the falls (where brookies may be kept) or Cony Creek above the Calypso Cascades.
If you keep brookies in TN, TU kidnaps you in the middle of the night, labels you a heretic, and makes you fish size 24 midges in a stiff wind on a sunny winter day. Naked.
Here, they're dinner. All about perspective.
But seriously, I hope it' not too chilly and if I don't post tomorrow, ya'll know where to look first.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Hey vol...I also have done some fairly productive musky fishing when I'm home. Believe it or not, college baseball has taken me to Nashville, TN. Actually went down last weekend to see the game against Memphis....pretty slopy game, UT got lucky.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sluugger, do you play for Vandy or Lipscomb (or Vol State etc)or for one of the minor league teams around there? UT's been lucky o get pretty much all their W's this year, even against UAB

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Lipscomb...I'm insulted! JK...No I play for belmont and I'll have you know we beet your mighty Vols last year for the second season in a row. Don't know how, we just have their number

1 - 10 of 10 Posts