Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who haven't seen this video the footage you are about to see is unbelievable........ have any of you ever experienced something like this?

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
***UPDATE - MARCH 4TH, 2015*** The guy in the video who killed the Musky had a court date March 4, 2015 and was charged a $1,000 fine and got a 2-year fishing Ban.

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/Muskie+killing+Windsor+angler+fined+banned+from+fishing+years/10861008/story.html

A Windsor man caught on video beating a muskie to death before throwing it back into the Detroit River was fined $1,000 Wednesday and banned from fishing for two years.

Edmond L. Parent, 53, better known as Eddie Parent, pleaded guilty in Ontario court to breaching Ontario regulations under the Fisheries Act. Parent admitted he purposefully killed an undersized muskellunge, or as court heard, “failed to release it in a way that caused the least harm to the fish.”

Parent was fishing in the Detroit River Sept. 3 when two nearby anglers saw him bludgeoning a fish he had caught then throwing it back in the water. They approached him and captured him on video in a expletive-laced diatribe about how he kills every muskie he comes across because they eat the fish he likes to catch.

The anglers posted the video online, capturing the attention of the Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry. The video garnered tens of thousands of views within days and, with media attention, members of the public offered up Parent’s name.

Prosecutor Demetrius Kappos Wednesday asked justice of the peace Salma Jaffar to impose a $2,000 fine. Hearing that Parent is on social assistance, Jaffar imposed a $1,000 fine and gave Parent three months to pay.

Parent, who quickly left the courthouse Wednesday, cannot fish for two years or be with anyone who is fishing or carrying fishing equipment or tackle.

Muskie is a trophy fish managed by the MNR because of the species’ slow growth and low reproduction rate. The possession limit is one. According to provincial legislation, any muskie less than 112 centimetres long must be immediately released in a manner that causes the least harm to the fish.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
I'd like to "video" some of the idiots I see here in Co. and present it to CPW..
Yesterday, I witnessed two Guys with 4 rods out, shore fishing at C.C. and catching some smaller Walleye... foul hooked, of course. They did their best "doctor" routine and then just tossed em back in the lake....
Of course, the best fisherman on the lake, A LARGE PELICAN, was quick to take advantage of those floating, dead Walleyes....

·
Registered
24,557 Posts
wow 112 cm is 44 inches...good for them!

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
I'd like to "video" some of the idiots I see here in Co. and present it to CPW..
Yesterday, I witnessed two Guys with 4 rods out, shore fishing at C.C. and catching some smaller Walleye... foul hooked, of course. They did their best "doctor" routine and then just tossed em back in the lake....
Of course, the best fisherman on the lake, A LARGE PELICAN, was quick to take advantage of those floating, dead Walleyes....
So, if they are doing something illegal, why wouldn't you take a photo/video and turn them in?

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Why were the of course foul hooked? What does them being foul hooked have to do with them not reviving?

·
Registered
2 Posts
This makes my heart ache.. :( I recently just got here to CO a year and some change ago and have only caught one 2 lb. Rainbow Trout... But hey. :3 First excursion and I caught me first trout. I've never seen a muskie in my life, but I have seen that it's the lowest limit allowed for daily bag limit and possession limits. Tiger Muskie even! Such a beautiful fish. Also heard Cutthroats are catch and release only here in CO?

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
This makes my heart ache..
I recently just got here to CO a year and some change ago and have only caught one 2 lb. Rainbow Trout... But hey. :3 First excursion and I caught me first trout. I've never seen a muskie in my life, but I have seen that it's the lowest limit allowed for daily bag limit and possession limits. Tiger Muskie even! Such a beautiful fish. Also heard Cutthroats are catch and release only here in CO?
There are some spots where you can keep em, some you can't. I'd be happy to take you fishing some time and put you on fish.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts