[img]
[b]Lure:[/b] Gary Yamamoto Original 4" Senko
[b]Color:[/b] Green Pumpkin w/Black
[img]
Wacky Rigged:
[img]
Was fishing from shore using 6lb P-Line Floroclear
[img]http://www.basstackledepot.com/images/products/detail/Floroclear.1.jpg
Water was pretty clear and I was fishing a drop off.. Probably about 10'-15' deep.

Only caught 3 fish the whole time... 2 bass and 1 perch.

OK now to the pictures :)

Est. about 4lbs ... Was a short fish.. but VERY FAT!!

And the Release

Here is a quick video of the "Happy Ending" AKA "The Release" :D
(I think you have to have a facebook login to watch it though)
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1523048529568

Also caught this small bass:

And this small perch.. That i somehow hooked between the eyes!! Almost looks as if i am rigging him up as bait.. but I wasnt... Oh yeah and there is a pic. of the Senko i was using :)

Saw quite a bit of my old friend POISON IVY!!

Dayum I hate that stuff!! Fingers crossed that i did not touch any on accident! No rash this morning yet.. so thats a good sign!! LOL

I am ready for ice!! But catching Bass like this will hold me over until it forms ;)

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
Nice fish.

COCarp said:
GY's kick a$$
Yeah GY's are awesome except for one thing....they are too damn soft! When you get into a hoard of small fish, you can run out of an entire pack of GY's quick. Other than that, they are awesome.

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
Yeah GY's are awesome except for one thing....they are too damn soft! When you get into a hoard of small fish, you can run out of an entire pack of GY's quick. Other than that, they are awesome.
[/quote]

That is why they are better than the rest... The action of the softer plastic is, IMO, the difference...

Very nice fish!

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Guys!!

I also am starting to REALLY REALLY like the GY's.. I started using the Kreature baits and then tried the Senkos.

They are def. not cheap.. but well worth every Penny!!

Can cast them pretty far without any weight!! :)

I caught that bigger one on the initial drop. I was watching the line and it seemed the bait never hit the bottom before the fish grabbed it and took off :)

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
RVinson said:
Thanks Guys!!

I also am starting to REALLY REALLY like the GY's.. I started using the Kreature baits and then tried the Senkos.

I caught that bigger one on the initial drop. I was watching the line and it seemed the bait never hit the bottom before the fish grabbed it and took off :)
Riv taught me to watch the line when using Senkos... Watching the line move is much better than feeling the bite because you have to let the fish take fully before setting the hook... if you set on the bite, you will miss many more fish than hook... hooking up with Senkos is tough, and takes some time to get the timing down. It is funny to watch newbies miss countless bites on em! (I've certainly been there).

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Nice man!
I no longer use yamamotos.
Mostly yum anymore and I catch just as many IMO.
Fat fat bass!

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
Oyey said:
That is why they are better than the rest... The action of the softer plastic is, IMO, the difference...
You would think so...rich guy! I hate seeing a full pack of senkos drain out getting tore to shreds from tiny smallies :D :D

YUMs seem to be a bit more sturdy than GY's

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
gofindyourowndamnfish said:
Very nice fish, Ricky. :eek:
Thanks Don :) I'll tell you where I caught it in trade for a laker fishing trip this winter ;)
Oyey said:
RVinson said:
Thanks Guys!!

Riv taught me to watch the line when using Senkos... Watching the line move is much better than feeling the bite because you have to let the fish take fully before setting the hook... if you set on the bite, you will miss many more fish than hook... hooking up with Senkos is tough, and takes some time to get the timing down. It is funny to watch newbies miss countless bites on em! (I've certainly been there).
I def. missed a few bites.. Pretty sure they were just small perch like that one I caught though. I am still VERY new to using plastics and Def. have a lot to learn.
Boondock said:
Nice man!
Fat fat bass!
Well, I def wont hesitate to give YUM a try then!! They are a little cheaper if i remember right..

Thanks for the tip on the YUM baits!! :)
Rivrunnr1 said:
Oyey said:
You would think so...rich guy! I hate seeing a full pack of senkos drain out getting tore to shreds from tiny smallies :D :D

YUMs seem to be a bit more sturdy than GY's
LOL... Yeah I was suprised I was able to catch 3 fish on the same Senko... Would have caught another on it had it not hit the bushes on my backswing and flung off LOL .. Decided to call it a day after that.

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
Oyey said:
Boondock said:
caughbullchitcaughremembersimmilarthoughtsonfloro..... Heehehhee
:D :D :D I remember that day. I think we were spanking him like 8:1 before he finally switched over to flouro. Didn't he blame his inadequacies on being drunk or something?

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
Boondock said:
Nice man!
Fat fat bass!
Senko Pro?

Gander has some that are pretty potent. The 6" ones... I do just as well as I normally would with senkos and they are much more durable.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Oyey said:
Boondock said:
caughbullchitcaughremembersimmilarthoughtsonfloro..... Heehehhee
Come out Saturday am with you yamamotos and I will use yum and see which catches more on the same boat :)
Ya I only had like 3 rods compared to my normal 10+ when I don't jump in someone elses boat.
The beer was also flowing :) good time
Hell I finally got Kyle to change from braid on his casters to fluro! Has been slaying them since :)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts