Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the auger for a few days now, wanted to use it a bit before i did the review. It was worth it every penny. I LOVE the auger. Let me know if you have any questions before buying. Here is the review to help you understand how good it works!

·
Registered
937 Posts
Cool review thanks for sharing. I couldn't help but notice that it looks like your pushing down pretty hard. If you are (and you may not be), that's a really quick way to ruin your blades. Just a tip, take it for whats its worth.

Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
379 Posts
Thanks for the review. I do pretty well with my Nils Master 8" Hand Auger, but that looks like something I could sign up for. Not a fan of gas augers. I have one and I almost never use it because my Nils hand auger is just better.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool review thanks for sharing. I couldn't help but notice that it looks like your pushing down pretty hard. If you are (and you may not be), that's a really quick way to ruin your blades. Just a tip, take it for whats its worth.

Thanks for sharing!
Dakota,

Point taken and I talked about this with my buddies, we all agree I was pushing a bit too hard. The power of the drill and those blades don't need much pressure applied, heck I even say in the video you don't need pressure and yet I did it, a habit i guess I need to quickly get rid of.

Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
looks just like the kdrill only a little pricier,dont know what you paid for it but what im finding is you take the price of the bit plus the drill ,charger and batteries your pretty close to the price of a electric auger like the ion. all this technology is fairly new and im really not sure what the long time effects of the torque is going to be on those drills. dont get me wrong I own a kdrill and Milwaukee drill and love it but I pretty much only use it on front range ice and use a six inch auger at that, im really not comfortable using it in the mountains in two feet of ice no matter what the ads say

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
looks just like the kdrill only a little pricier,dont know what you paid for it but what im finding is you take the price of the bit plus the drill ,charger and batteries your pretty close to the price of a electric auger like the ion. all this technology is fairly new and im really not sure what the long time effects of the torque is going to be on those drills. dont get me wrong I own a kdrill and Milwaukee drill and love it but I pretty much only use it on front range ice and use a six inch auger at that, im really not comfortable using it in the mountains in two feet of ice no matter what the ads say
The ice in my video was about 8 to 10 inches, I will find out tomorrow what it's truly capable of in 18 inches of ice. It's not about the price, it is about the weight of the auger with the drill much lighter than any gas or electric auger by a mile. Kdrills are just as pricey as the pistol bit, so the price is not any more appealing to me.

My biggest pet peeve is hearing 30 gas augers go off at a lake. who wants to hear that noise all day? My buddy has one but one is ok to hear. :)

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've punched 100 plus holes so far, find it the same honestly, one BIG advantage is that it is much lighter than the kdrill, cuts just as fast but the battery doesn't need to be charged up to and past 100 holes. I'm in love. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts