Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Caught this on my 5wt with 4x and a lil green thing that a friend tied up for kok's. Basically the fly was not important just had to get it in front of the fish and the fight was on.

Gotta say hookin these guys is a blast and the fight is a thrill, but they sure are smelly ugly fish :smile:

and I like it!

The second pic is one that my friend landed.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Nice fish CF. Yes they do stink, but the fight out weighs the short stench you deal with before you release em to fight another day.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I love the smell of carp in the mornin!

Thanks guys it was a great time and a new fish to the list.

I will admit that they are kinda cool looking in that prehistoric sorta way with them huge scales and that golden brownish color. Water dinosaur?

Bugle mouf...I like the name.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They sure did make the weekend for us. We lake fished during the day and it was painfully slow. These guys made up for it in the late evening night hours for sure. The next night I had on a couple that felt way bigger than those two but they got the better of me once i got into my backing and chasing them down stream. I was under "gunned" for them. Or I should have used 1x or something similiar.

Still smile when I think about it. :smile:

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Rocky Mountain Bonefish, haha!! If it bends a rod it is worth fishing for. I think it is safe to say your first of any species will be your personal best :wink:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts