Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Escaped the C.O before the weather got bad. Got skunked in 2 states! Decided to try for a fish I've never caught before, the Gila trout. The East Verde River up in Payson AZ was the destination. Was able to hook into some nice ones.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey man. Love your posts for sure. I’m jealous of how often you get out. I just wanted to make a suggestion about something you may already do. It’s just hard to tell from the photos. If you are going to be releasing the fish you catch, can you be sure to wet your hands before you touch the fish and also hold them without using their full plates or mouths. I know it’s a pain to try and hold them that way but it’s way better for the fish mortality. I also don’t mean to be pushy or bossy. Just want to preserve the health of the Gish as I know you do. Looking forward to more videos and photos.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey man. Love your posts for sure. I’m jealous of how often you get out. I just wanted to make a suggestion about something you may already do. It’s just hard to tell from the photos. If you are going to be releasing the fish you catch, can you be sure to wet your hands before you touch the fish and also hold them without using their full plates or mouths. I know it’s a pain to try and hold them that way but it’s way better for the fish mortality. I also don’t mean to be pushy or bossy. Just want to preserve the health of the Gish as I know you do. Looking forward to more videos and photos.
Yeah man, I try my best to follow good trout handling etiquette. The slimers are hard to handle sometime. I don't post my fly fishing videos but I always use a net and have a hemostat ready to go and never lift the trout out of the water. Thanks for the advice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts