Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is done tomorrow. New kitchen, bath, gutters and downs, stainless steel appliances (no fridge we're too cheap), concrete porch in back, paint inside and out, light fixtures, inside doors, furnace, windows, cedar planked closets. Listed it Friday 4.1.11 for $162,900. Have only had 1 showing...go figure 1 offer. 916 sq ft, unfinished basement, 2 bed 1 bath. After deal consummates I'll spread sheet it and give the scoop as to how we did this. Tons, literally of hard work, looks like we're gonn make some excellant change on this one.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Nice Mark! Remodeling is never easy - one always seems to run into unforseen problems. Hope you sell quick and make some good money.

·
Registered
4,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sswan said:
Chachinnggg--Good job!
It's not all about the Chaching. It's more than likely gonna be good on this project. It's about how to buy it, where, what price, how much in remod, time it takes and what % of profit are we gonna make. We always look at the % not the $ amount. This one looks to come in at 20%, man if I could do that on every project...yeah.

·
Registered
797 Posts
It is a great looking place, inside and out! I'm sure it will sell quick. I'd say good luck but I dont think you'll need it

·
Registered
4,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dryfli said:
It is a great looking place, inside and out! I'm sure it will sell quick. I'd say good luck but I dont think you'll need it
We wanna pull you in our next project, gonna be a bit larger. Need to still address the low spots on the last one. For anybody out there need some flat work, find Clint "Dryfli", he also put down 15 ton o dirt so we could address neg grading. For us you're hired as long as you're not too backlogged. We'll see if we win tomorrow at auction. You commented on how fast we paid you, for when I post to anybody, if I need help, you'll get paid quick. Am gonna have to 1099 ya...sorry bout that. We put down 15 ton o rock yesterday as well.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Sweet! how long did it take you guys to remodel start to finish? We just did one for a guy took a month $70k for repairs hes gonna make 70k on the deal......he's pretty happy.

·
Registered
4,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Moony said:
Sweet! how long did it take you guys to remodel start to finish? We just did one for a guy took a month $70k for repairs hes gonna make 70k on the deal......he's pretty happy.
02.14.11-now, today, gutters and downs today. 70k on a project is more work than we wanna do. I've got it right around $33,126.53 after all... :D Still good return's what we're after. Lookin to buy another one tomorrow at auction.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
I've always been interested in doing something like this. Did you work on it full time, or squeeze it in your free time and worn a full time job at the same time?

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
The big thing is the real estate fees to sell the property and I'm petty sure mark is one which really has to help out the bottom line.

·
Registered
4,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Got a bidding war going on now...1st offer came in low, countered back full price, 2 agents dive in above askin price, low offer can still take it but they better be on it all the way through. Their agent does seem to know how to play the game. I'll answer all questions in person...if you have $$ and want to commit. Found our 2nd house today, didn't buy it auction someone else did, but we're still gonna take it away from them. If this one plays out, 2 at 20%+ return, yeah. It's not easy, I spend alot of money and time on these projects, but people seem to go nuts. After this last one closes I'll spread sheet it for ya. Mooney knows, it's how he makes his livin. PM me I'll talk with ya.

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
DozerF350 said:
I've always been interested in doing something like this. Did you work on it full time, or squeeze it in your free time and worn a full time job at the same time?
Bwahaahahahahhahhaa...he barely lifted a finger...he had to at the end but thats cuz workers from The Pyramids at Giza dried up...

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
A guy who works for me in Denver just put his house on the market and got 8 full price offers in 24 hours, including 3 cash offers. He'll be unavailable for work on Monday and Tuesday as he's busy sellling his place.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts