Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Check out this video of my friends' personal best rainbow trout caught on a secret method/lure! Skip to 9 mins 15 seconds to see the trout!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Well he is breaking the law by being in the water. It is stupidity like this that will get the reservoir close to all fishing.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Well he is breaking the law by being in the water. It is stupidity like this that will get the reservoir close to all fishing.
Having your boots barely in the water to land/release a fish isn't breaking the law. I have friends in CPW that say that's acceptable, or the alternative would be to just throw the trout back in and pray it lives. If you land a big trout and plan to release it, you should probably make sure it gets some oxygen and strength back in it's body before just leaving it...Also, that was the creek leading into the reservoir, not the reservoir itself. You obviously have fished there before, so you know people walk through that creek all the time to get to the other side of the reservoir :S..."stupidity" in your context would better be referenced to the multitude of fishermen that are constantly up there wading in the water, using live bait, or bringing their dogs as company.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Well Ill send your video to the Grand Jct Police Dept and see what they have to say. Fisherman fish the reservoir at the pleasure to the Grand Jct water dept. and they are just looking for an excuse to close it down. I got to ice fish if for 22 years until someone who thought the rules didn't apply to them took a dump on the ice and that was then end of a great fishing opportunity. The main law enforcement out there is GHPD not CPW.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Well Ill send your video to the Grand Jct Police Dept and see what they have to say. Fisherman fish the reservoir at the pleasure to the Grand Jct water dept. and they are just looking for an excuse to close it down. I got to ice fish if for 22 years until someone who thought the rules didn't apply to them took a dump on the ice and that was then end of a great fishing opportunity. The main law enforcement out there is GHPD not CPW.
Lol

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

hahaha man, that's gross...I don't think any laws were broken in this video though. Just trying to post good fishing content since that's what we're all here for!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts