Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm new here been reading for a few days and decided I will register. First off let me say I am only 12.

Quincy. Me and my dad got there around 7:00 and set out. We drifted on the opposite side from the boat launch hoping to get some perch, no luck. He put a flat fish on and I put an orange jointed #5 rapala with a split shot so it sinks. We trolled aroun the general are twice got one to hit the flat fish but got off. Another got ahold of my Rapala and I landed him. He was about 14 inches really nice bow. Put him back and went into a cove. There were some monster bass swimming about 2 feet under but wouldnt hit anything. Then we went farther towards the back cove and saw fewer fish and never had another bite. We left about noon.

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Welcome and thanks for the report! I usted to love going fishing with my dad. brings back memories.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Thanks for the report!

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Welcome and thanks for the report.

Fishing with your dad is great thing to do. I miss fishing with my dad, he lives 700 miles away. So now I fish with my kids. Unfortunately they are at the ages that they have other things to do.

Fish with your dad as much as you can. You will never regret it.

Also great report.

Dan

·
Registered
15 Posts
fished quincy this evening also along with a friend. Caught 4 trout including a 2 1/2 pounder that put up a real nice fight and also caught one little bass. All were caught on a mepps #1 fire tiger and all from shore on the east side. My friend thought it was dumb to release the trout but im not really a trout eater so a pic was taken and he was released for someone else to enjoy

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
GoneFishin --- Great report (and your 1st one at that!). You listed the time, location, lure, and even fish spoted! Good Job! Oh, and welcome to the site.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts