Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was up in South Park, Spinney and 11 Mile are tuning over pea soup bad.

·
P I K E
10,238 Posts
Did ya get a temp at the Mile by chance SU?

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Thanks Steve.

Have they announced when they will close to boats? I'm hoping for a trip out there before end of season.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
The lake is available for use one half hour before sunrise during the summer season. All vessels are required to be off the water one half hour after sunset. The park exit gate is locked promptly in the evening one hour after sunset. ​

The South Boat Ramp has closed for the season due to low water in the Homestake inlet. The North Boat Ramp will remain open through October 31st as water levels permit.

All trailered boats and gas powered vessels must be inspected for invasive plants and animals both prior to launch and before exiting the park.

All vessels MUST be cleaned, drained and dried prior to the inspection taking place. This includes requiring the removal of all snow, mud or other road debris from both the trailer and the vessel prior to the inspection. It is illegal to knowingly transport Aquatic Nuisance Species.

(Updated: 10/4/2015 12:44 PM)
Latest from the CPW website.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Yep 56-57. The mountains by Fairplay got a dusting of snow Monday night.

Added a picture.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Lots of reservoirs doing the same thing right now. Should clear up as we get into November. Sucks most boat ramps up this way close the end of October. how bout front range ramps?

·
Registered
386 Posts
South Park Lakes availability.

Spinney and 11Mile, from Nov. 1 till ice on are restricted to "Fin power" only!!! No Oars/paddles, electric motors or gas motors are allowed after Oct. 31. Not sure why this is the law, but that's how the powers to be, have it set up. The same also applies to Antero when it has water in it.
Bill

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Spinney and 11Mile, from Nov. 1 till ice on are restricted to "Fin power" only!!! No Oars/paddles, electric motors or gas motors are allowed after Oct. 31. Not sure why this is the law, but that's how the powers to be, have it set up. The same also applies to Antero when it has water in it.
Bill
Not even oars or paddles?!?

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Bill
No canoes or Kayaks, somebody making the rules must own a belly boat, lol.
Add another one to the list of lost opportunities due to stupidity.

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
If "fin powered" is allowed, that is new. It seems to me that in the past, closed to boats meant anything that floats - including belly boats.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Waiting for official word from the DOW office but I've been told, pontoons and float tubes are legal but no gas or electric motors and no paddles or oars, just flipper power. I should have something in writing from the DOW today and I'll paste it up.
Bill

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I could be wrong but I think the lakes close to boating or any motor powered craft because the CDW doesn't have the money to keep the inspectors until the lakes become unsafe to boat due to ice.

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
I could be wrong but I think the lakes close to boating or any motor powered craft because the CDW doesn't have the money to keep the inspectors until the lakes become unsafe to boat due to ice.

That is the excuse I have heard them use. Heaven forbid they use the same tag drop box that is used at places like Chatfield. Or have teh Rangers that are at the State Park inspect watercraft.....::)

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
That is the excuse I have heard them use. Heaven forbid they use the same tag drop box that is used at places like Chatfield. Or have teh Rangers that are at the State Park inspect watercraft.....::)
they would have to put down the coffee cup and log off their high speed internet and go out in the cold, never happen..........funny how NPS Rangers at Blue Mesa will meet you until ice to let you on water, to bad CPW hosed the lake so no reason to get on anymore LOL.....

1 - 20 of 30 Posts