Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Trout? i wouldn't feed that crap to my dog.

·
Registered
16,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The fillets in the upper left go to the dogs-

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
Fisher, you use trout for ceviche? Interesting idea... do you blanch it first?

·
Registered
988 Posts
No nothing. Just discard the dark meat and slimey stuff. Add lime and whatever seasoning you want. Its grub. Just had some last night. Mrt has to be freshly caught.

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
I like that idea... I love ceviche and with the richness/texture of trout, I think it would be gruuub.. 11 mile trout of course. I'm gonna try it. I have a good ceviche recipe I have used for a couple years.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Relax , Whomp, Slayer isn't a sissy lala. He knows I'm just messing with him.

Trout ceviche definitely sounds interesting.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Looks good...Considering no Walleye, Perch, Crappie, Salmon or Lake Trout you gotta take what you can get.
Fisher's pic looks like Poki but doubting it tastes like it, lol.

·
Registered
16,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Aint nothing bad about orange trout. Tastes way better than salmon! Besides man does not live on perch alone!

Trust me, a little teriyaki and some seasonings, put on the gas grill skin side down for 5 min. flip over and peel off the skin another couple min flip again and a couple more minutes you have seared orange fillets to freekin' die for.

I have converted many a trout hater this way-

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Aint nothing bad about orange trout. Tastes way better than salmon! Besides man does not live on perch alone!

Trust me, a little teriyaki and some seasonings, put on the gas grill skin side down for 5 min. flip over and peel off the skin another couple min flip again and a couple more minutes you have seared orange fillets to freekin' die for.

I have converted many a trout hater this way-
You'll never convert a King Salmon lover.
Ain't no way Any Trout will ever compete. LOL
I agree it's gotta be better than grilled Kokanee though.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts