Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
24,557 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
I owned one of those for about ten years...they ride pretty high in the water, but track well. Honestly worth every penny! The first time you stand up in it on open water, will give you a quick case of the willies as the hull 'gives' a little. Be sure you store it out of the sunshine...they don't hold up very well to UV rays. Enjoy

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I owned one of those for about ten years...they ride pretty high in the water, but track well. Honestly worth every penny! The first time you stand up in it on open water, will give you a quick case of the willies as the hull 'gives' a little. Be sure you store it out of the sunshine...they don't hold up very well to UV rays. Enjoy
That's nice to know. I had read up on them quite a bit. I think it will fit my needs very well. Can't wait to get it set up and out on the water.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
216 Posts
I've had 2 in the last 13 years -- 14ft and 12ft. -- with a 6hp on the back. Never a leak and much more stable than a aluminum. Flexes with the wave and doesn't beat you up, floats in 6" and fits nicely in my rv between the slides.

I do a lot of inshore salt in Texas, float the Colorado and live in South Park in the summer -- quality boat. Lots of naysayers as usual.

·
Registered
216 Posts
If you use the boat like me site fishing and poling the shallows I stand on the rear and middle seats and they will eventually give way especially when its 90* in the summer.
Portabote wants an outrageous price for replacements so I made my own out of a 2x10 cut to match. Much more solid for 10 bucks. I believe the transom weight is 60# so a 6hp 4 stroke works well on the 12 ft,. Pushes it 15 to 18 mph at low elevation and 10-12 at Spinney.:thumb:

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
All fine and well. A belly boat works also. I'll just fish from a real, safe ,secure ,comfortable boat, thank you!

3 guys, 2 coolers, all 3 guys stand up fishing. I just can't go back-

1 - 20 of 72 Posts