Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to take this bad boy to N. Catamount tomorrow to troll  (paddle) Rainbow Trout swimbaits. I want to tangle with one of those big Macks up there. Hopefully I won't get blown across the lake!!!

·
Registered
514 Posts
i had one of those and it was not a bad boat. dont over inflate it or it will stretch out. wind is a big time pain with inflateables. the motor mount and a 30# trolling motor will make life better. it gets you out on the water though. good luck.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the tip. It did us good at Pueblo in the coves, hopefully the wind won't be bad tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
That's great! My brother-in-law and I always joke that there's no way either one of us could fish in one of those. We are a clumsy folk who would have a hook in the side on the first cast! Thank the maker for aluminum!! LOL!

·
Registered
16,616 Posts
Like bobber said-make a plywood floor it makes a BIG difference in comfort.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I had one of those before I bought my 14'aluminum. I used a piece of plywood and used it to make a seat and the floor. I just wrapped the plywood with cloth so that it wouldn't tear the floor. I even used it at
Spinney a couple of times. Sure beats being shorebound.

·
Registered
514 Posts
one thing that is way cool about them is the way they ride the waves. i was caught in a wicked storm with a buddy in my 12' fish hunter and couldnt get across the lake in time with my little trolling motor. the waves were bad enough to sink the aluminum boat that was ahead of us. it made it to dock but the fishermen were sitting in water up to their belly buttons and all their gear was floating out of the back of the boat. we helped them tip it to get the water out so they could trailer. felt bad for them they lost a lot of gear but they are alive to complain about it. anyway that raft will ride right over the top of the waves and not take on water. it was a wild ride but i never had any fear that we would sink. i always wanted to make a floor for it but got a bigger boat before i could. i had many a good fishing trip in my fish hunter though. a golf umbrella is handy too to block the sun you can bungy cord it into the other rod holder. happy fishing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts