Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok - so I don't plan on destroying anything - but I certainly plan on making a lot of sore lips with this bad boy!

Never tried float tubing before - but saw a good deal on craigslist and picked it up! Not exactly a bass tracker, but will be awesome to get to some new spots. I plan on putting this thing in action very soon! ;D

W

·
0 Posts
Right on. I love it when you can carry something to a lake and get on the water.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ManTeets said:
Did you get some kickers or are you at the mercy of the wind? :D :D
It came with some fins - just the ones the tube was made with, they'll have to work for now.

I've heard getting real swimming fins works much better ???

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Any suggestions on waders? Neoprene with the "socks" the way to go with a float tube? rubber with the boots? or does it matter?

·
Registered
4,731 Posts
Weezy said:
Any suggestions on waders? Neoprene with the "socks" the way to go with a float tube? rubber with the boots? or does it matter?
Neo's during the hot summer months will eat you up. Breathables with long johns work good. Hodgeman is what I use. My neo's are for fly fishin rivers. Camo neo's big time heavy weight for duck huntin. Breathers are light weight. Get a good pair of boots.

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Concur--Breathable stocking foot waders and decent wading boots. I recommend your boots be a size larger than your shoe size.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Weezy said:
Ok - so I don't plan on destroying anything - but I certainly plan on making a lot of sore lips with this bad boy!

Never tried float tubing before - but saw a good deal on craigslist and picked it up! Not exactly a bass tracker, but will be awesome to get to some new spots. I plan on putting this thing in action very soon! ;D

weezy dont know what he is doing with that thing.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Champsheart said:
Weezy said:

weezy dont know what he is doing with that thing. I hope the rescue team will not be far for you my friend.

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Weezy said:
I think some of that depends on whether you are fishing high moutain lakes or down here locally...

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Dont you have a bar of soap to roundup?!... :D

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
colonative said:
Weezy said:
Neo's during the hot summer months will eat you up. Breathables with long johns work good. Hodgeman is what I use. My neo's are for fly fishin rivers. Camo neo's big time heavy weight for duck huntin. Breathers are light weight. Get a good pair of boots.
Thanks for your input

I don't have a ton of money to invest since, but what do you think about this pair?

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2563699&cp=4406646.4413993.4414792

Or this one maybe?

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2563693&cp=4406646.4413993.4414792

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Champsheart said:
Champsheart said:
Weezy said:

weezy dont know what he is doing with that thing. I hope the rescue team will not be far for you my friend.
Hey now! I was a lifeguard at one point, I think I can handle this floatation device! You on the other hand might need some water wings! Haha :D

·
Registered
4,731 Posts
Weezy said:
colonative said:
Weezy said:
Thanks for your input

I don't have a ton of money to invest since, but what do you think about this pair?

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2563699&cp=4406646.4413993.4414792

Or this one maybe?

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2563693&cp=4406646.4413993.4414792
Caddis breathers...still need boots tho. You're lookin buck fidty by the time you're done.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
colonative said:
Weezy said:
colonative said:
Weezy said:
Thanks for your input

Or this one maybe?

Caddis breathers...still need boots tho. You're lookin buck fidty by the time you're done.
This may be a stupid question (but feels like the right place to ask) - when you wear the waders with boots, do you just put the fins on top of the boots?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts