Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My parents 1st ever ice trip (w/ my wife & kids) Brookies & Bighorns -pictures-

March 21st

My parents were out from Michigan for a week. Neither of them had ever ice fished, and my Mom had never caught a fish. Both of them had mentioned wanting to go if they ever move out here..

I couldn't get a certain lake out of my Brain, ;) so it worked out..

We hiked a few miles up to the lake, and caught some Brookies. Both my parents caught. We tipped Ratsos & RatFinkees w/ waxxies.

My daughter Isabella led the way

waiting . . .

The rest of the family

Nice hike up

We arrived at the lake and found 3 feet of ice

My Dad's 1st

My Mom's

One of mine (my son Michael helped me :))

Was a great day on the ice with my family

Including my beautiful "better half" Kara

On the drive out, we something cross the road. I thought Lion right away, and we all got a great look when it stopped at the other side of the road, and glared at us before leaping down the hill. Awesome!

Not my picture

Good times (Thanks again brook king)

[img]http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd265/jamesfs/032_crop-2.jpg

Some Sheep from the Big Thompson Canyon

Thanks for reading

·
Registered
122 Posts
Re: My parents 1st ever ice trip (w/ my wife & kids) Brookies & Bighorns -pictures-

Great time of year to ice fish. Killer sheep.

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Re: My parents 1st ever ice trip (w/ my wife & kids) Brookies & Bighorns -pictures-

Terrific pictures--Some big rams, and I also liked the camp robber ones. Where in Michigan did the parents travel from?

·
Registered
43 Posts

Very nice!!!! as usual James memories for a lifetime :)

·
Registered
4,731 Posts

Wow you and your dad are alike in SMILES for certain. Very nice sir.

·
Registered
11,877 Posts

Great fun! Great pictures!

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,052 Posts

What? ??? Your still ice fishing. Ice around here is toast. What? Your parents from Michigan never been ice fishing!?! Michigan's right behind Wisconsin and Minnesota for number of ice anglers. ;D My Dad took me the first time when I was like 6 years old. Hope everyone had fun. ;)

·
Registered
2,402 Posts

Beautiful Pics! Thanks James...

D.J.

·
Registered
191 Posts

Nice fish and the way you captured the scenic beauty in these shots really stands out. Looks like you had a nice trip.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts

Hand drilling through 3 feet of ice!! Some people have a strange definition of fun. Seriously, it sounds and looks like a great family time. How was the wind?

·
Registered
958 Posts

Nice... now let's see you get this whole crew out there night fishing.

·
Registered
341 Posts

Very, very nice fish.

Go lurkers its only a 10 minute walk in and nice brookies.

Please tell me you didnt make your better half hand drill the 3 feet of ice. Dang those brookies look good though. I heard from a reliable source, the DOW ;D , that the Brain gets winter killed every year. Does it? I have fished Lefthand a bunch and nice brooks in there also but not so much on the Brain. O0 O0

·
Registered
3,897 Posts

Nice report, and good job with the guiding. That's really cool you guys saw a lion up there! Nice brooks too. Tight lines. 8)

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Thanks everyone :)

sswan, they live in the Vicksburg/Schoolcraft area (near Kalamazoo)

brook king, that may be my favorite place to walk on water. We actually lucked out w/ little wind that day

Thanks again

1 - 17 of 17 Posts