Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The Mayor
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After some serious deliberation, my wife & I agreed that I should launch the 'eye ship and go fishing. Sunday morning, PC skies, moderate wind, moderate temps. Hit the ramp on the Causeway off 334 in Seven Points ready to rock & roll.

Now, launching the 'eye ship alone (wife was home working on some higher education assignment) can be a chore but I've done it many times. Should mention here that I did leave many very critical items at home, like my cell phone and sun glasses (that'll play in later).

The 'eye ship has some excellent features, like the 24 volt bow mount trolling motor (must be fully charged for best results), the Bimini top (must have on board if you want full benefit), my devils tackle box (handy if you want to toss some devils tackle), seat for the front deck (helps if you want to use the bow mount trolling motor, also must be on board), and my brand new map of Cedar Creek Lake (helpful for navigating new waters).

Soooooo, I launched her with all these missing parts, figured I had the important things, like my fly rod and plenty of gas. Ran south of the 334 bridge, headed towards the bridges at 198. Boat was runnin fast (for a big boat) 45 mph at 3/4 throttle fully planed out, I saw the island.....

Figured I could go left or right, chose the left side, ran her hard into the sand in about a foot of water. Dangit, I saw the bottom coming up fast on the sonar, but not that fast, dangit!

Got my head together, no boat or engine problems, just freakin STUCK. Pushed and pulled for a while, no luck. After an hour, I figured I'd call the wife and have her find me some help, alas, no cell phone. DUMB

A good neighbor (I don't know this man, but a true gentleman) jumped in from shore, waded out and helped push me back to deeper water. Let me tell you, a 19.5 ft deep-v aluminum boat with a 150 hp outboard don't push through the sand real easy, but we got it out. Spent the next 2 hours cruising (very carefully) around Cedar Creek Lake, nice lake, lots of really dangerous shallow spots. Got some serious sun without the Bimini top & sun glasses, didn't have any tackle to toss on my recently re-strung spinning gear, dang trolling motor was dead, so no dock fishing (and I didn't have the seat anyway).

Thought about throwing a clouser on the 8 wt, shaking too hard to tie on a clouser.... Didn't eat much breakfast. Better next time I hope

BHR

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Dude. That is Karma... you have good things coming your way, I can feel it! Cracked me up, son. Thanks, we have all been there.

I burned my eyebrows off one time with a can of butane, a trashcan, a lighter, and quite a few trips to the keg. Not in that order...

SS

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Dean, we can laugh at your story because nothing serious happened, which I'm thankful for. Thanks for sharing! ;D

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Now reap the benefits of the trip and get out there SOON!

It seems like every year a "trial run" is in order to get everything, in order!

·
The Mayor
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Love the responses, I'm such an idiot sometimes! I know better than to head out unprepared, and the funniest part is that the launch is only a couple miles from the house, so JUST GO BACK AND GET YOUR STUFF :D :D :D :D :D :D

I'm a dumba$$ ;D and I'll be out again as soon as tomorrow after work, gotta run this bioch of a lake at night :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Solo again for sure....

BHR

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Bwahaahahahahaa...can you blame her for not wanting to go with you after that?!...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts