Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mark,
I am sorry for the slow response, I was out of the office last week and didn't discover that my auto-responder was not working until I got back. The crappie fishing has still not began here at John Martin. Cooler than normal temperatures have affected lake temps as well. We usually see great crappie fishing above 58 degrees water temp, and right now are only about 54.

Although other fish species will be affected by our low water levels last year, the division of wildlife has been aggressively stocking our lake this spring, so we expect fishing to go up in future years.

Tandy Parrish, Senior Ranger
John Martin Reservoir State Park
30703 Rd. 24 Hasty, CO 81044
(719) 829-1801 ext.22

So thanks to Eyeguy for the email address...

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Thanks for posting that!

So I guess I wasn't so wrong after all, when I posted that I had read in the Post that most of the game fish had gotten dry gulched last summer?

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
LoL, fishing kats is trying to save all those fish for himself.

E

·
0 Posts
kats, you are a bad apple ;) !

Just because they lost some fish folks...REALLY!

I can assure you that there are plenty of fishin that bodyof water, and that folks will catch plenty this summer!

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Never said there wasn't any fish in there? I was just relating the information I read in the post. It was an interview with the bioligist and he said most of the gamefish got dry gulched? Would make sense that if a body of water lose's 90% of its volume, most of the fish would leave also!

Hope I was wrong? Knockem dead!

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
oh im just having fun there are lots of fish there still
its raining off and on here dont know if i will go fishing but plan on going down to j-martin and buy my parks pass
before i spend the money on something else

but if i fish i will tell what i catch maybe ;D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts