Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24,552 Posts
I heard a private source paid for the bounties...

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
The money came from an oil co. tax.
This is a very over sensational story by the media.
Nobodies gonna make any money by this bounty at GM.
Out of 40 gill nets last year all over the lake 17 pike were caught.
The attention could bring out cheaters that turn Pike in from other locations.

The biggest problem facing GM is gill lice,
thats the reason No fish are being stocked.

The only good thing going on there is the naturally reproducing, self sustaining Lake trout population, it's all thats left. Still no restrictions on the few magnificent large fish there.

·
Registered
271 Posts
See how F&W Service has expanded their control over your fishing opportunity. Originally, they just wanted to control the critical habitat, which extended De Beque. Now they control the fishing all the way to Green Mountain.

·
Registered
16,613 Posts
See how F&W Service has expanded their control over your fishing opportunity. Originally, they just wanted to control the critical habitat, which extended De Beque. Now they control the fishing all the way to Green Mountain.
Them Gubmint guys are smarter than you thought-

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
The money came from an oil co. tax.
This is a very over sensational story by the media.
Nobodies gonna make any money by this bounty at GM.
Out of 40 gill nets last year all over the lake 17 pike were caught.
The attention could bring out cheaters that turn Pike in from other locations.

The biggest problem facing GM is gill lice,
thats the reason No fish are being stocked.

The only good thing going on there is the naturally reproducing, self sustaining Lake trout population, it's all thats left. Still no restrictions on the few magnificent large fish there.
Thanks, I saw the report on the news. I was wondering why they are concerned about GM when WF is on the same drainage, up stream. If released from any reservoir NP will inhabit the whole system. Silly people. They are probably in the Colorado from the Yampa already.

I was thinking of going back to GM to catch a few LT and see if I could catch a pike. I haven't been there since the lice issue (which can be transported by waterfowl) became a problem.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Of course they are in the Colorado and have been for a very long time. Pike were introduced into Paonia Reservoir and 1973 and have work there way through the system. The gradient of the river is to steep and there are not enough backwaters to harbor many pike. Same with walleye.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Who put the pike in Paonia? State or bucket?

If you know the answer.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Colorado Division of Wildlife put pike in Paonia and Stagecoach. At one point F&WS poisoned the Yampa to remove suck fish and the Army Corp introduced tamerisk on the Colorado for bank stablization. See how helpful the gobement can be.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts