Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It`s interesting that so many people don`t know who is who even when they meet and talk at the dock or lake side............... With that in mind I`ve often thought it would be a neat thing to wear a name badge / tag on my jacket that would tell who I was .................

such as:

" RACER"
coloradofisherman.com

Keep it small...maybe 3" x 1" with a safety pin type clip on the back.

Make it out of hard plastic........... white with green letters, etc.........??

This would be a very nice touch and could `advertise` our community.

I have to believe that they would be cheap to make-up and everyone would enjoy wearing them. I am also going to make up a decal with my name "RACER" to put on my boat for next year.

What do you all think? Would you like to do this??

·
Registered
935 Posts
Most people will think you're some kind of dork from meeting who forgot to take his nametag off, but it should help us know who is who when we see them, for sure.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I think it would be a great idea. I am always meeting people while fishing and they will say something similar to what I read on this forum and I'll ask them if they are a member here. So far none of them have been members. I have been given a few strange looks too. 8) Oh well, maybe they will get interested and go home and check out Coloradofisherman.com!! ;D

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
scorpion_bsk said:
I am always meeting people while fishing and they will say something similar to what I read on this forum and I'll ask them if they are a member here. So far none of them have been members.
My experience is the same. So far, a couple of different forum members have mentioned they saw me out fishing, but I can truthfully say that I have never yet met even one member of this forum. But I do tell everyone who seems like they might be interested, that this web site exists, and I give them its URL. How many remember it until they get home, I couldn't say.

M

·
0 Posts
I agree with the concept, how about a patch to sew on, its cheap too, and somebody already mentioned that

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
4.10$ each plus shipping be 5 or 6 $

T

·
0 Posts
i'd pay an extra $20 bucks to find someone to sew it on! the wife can't sew - just shops. that is why i go fo the super sticky velcro system or stickers :-[

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
littlemac said:
maybe we can find a tatoo parlor that could tatoo are names on our foreheads this way we wont forget to wear our ids.
Look no further. scorpion_bsk this is your cue.........

·
Registered
131 Posts
I think the patch would be a really cool idea! I was at Gander Mtn tonight and John, who works in the fishing department, introduced me to another customer and it turned out to be ZMAN. Really cool guy! I stop and think, how many people do I actually meet at a fishing store or while out fishing that are members of this board???

·
Registered
24,511 Posts
Yeppers...it was way kewl meeting you Wayne...thanks for all the usefull suggestions and kindness!...John knows his stuff too...I could of stayed there for hours talking...bad as it was...Diane/Amy and myself were on the east side fishing world tour...made our maiden voyage to bass pro shops after talking to you...I dropped them off and got fresh water from Chatfield for my bait cooler in my truck before going home...didnt get here until about 11:30 pm...

I am normally shy...but I believe in the website...I cheat when it comes to meeting people...I will say something like...you arent Basshunter from Colorado Fisherman.com forum are you?...if it isnt anyone from here I can usually get a conversation going from that and if they surf they usually say they will check it out...I think I have met at least a half a dozen people that way...

·
Registered
594 Posts
Can I get my name tag sewn on upside down so I can look and see who I am?

How bout business cards with the site info on em?

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
littlemac said:
maybe we can find a tatoo parlor that could tatoo are names on our foreheads this way we wont forget to wear our ids.
You get the first one then I might think about it! NOt! LOL

Dan

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I mentioned a pin on tag simply because I don`t necessarily wear the same clothes ( jacket or shirt ) everytime. I really don`t want to wear a patch on all my clothes. ::)

T

·
0 Posts
hey a nice pin would really be awesome!!!!!!!!!! no sewing, can go on anything - depending on the season.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts