Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My family has a cabin up in Alice, CO (St. Mary's Glacier). There are 2 private lakes up there (stocked by the town POA twice yearly), the last couple years the lake was stocked with Rainbow, Tiger Trout and this golden trout. I've heard many people call them golden or albino trout. I do know what they are called now, but just wondering if anyone has seen these before.

Oh and a pic of my daughter holding one of her fishys!

Attachments

·
Registered
830 Posts
Also known as Palomino trout... :)

:thumb:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Pretty fish! Is this a GMO? Can't see it surviving in the wild as a fingerling with the bright colors, easily spotted by predators.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
From what I've been told by the local guru, they can't breed, but they are extremely tough when it comes to the cold. Usually both lakes up there end up w/ 18-22" of ice each winter, and every spring you can see em posted up along the shore. they are fun to fish for a little while (cause they are spotted so easily), but after 5 or 6, I get sick of just reeling them in (they don't put up any fight at all), and try to avoid them. They were fun for practicing my fly casting.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
I think we should name him, Calvin. >:D

BTW

Cool fish. :thumb:

·
Registered
24,499 Posts
Food for blind eagles...thought I stumbled into an fxe thread for a minute...

·
Registered
740 Posts
Food for blind eagles...thought I stumbled into an fxe thread for a minute...
Funny but true - that's why I opened the thread - thought I was going to grab the popcorn and would be better than a mathgeek thread :pop2:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts