Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I happen to know alot of terminology for lots of fish. I however have lived in places where fishermen are woefully ignorant... Down in south texas where I have a house I almost came to blows with a guy who insisted that the speckled trout was in fact a trout. On the east coast there is a really fine fish they call the rockfish, really a striped bass. The rockfish I know about are west coast fish, good fish but not related to the striper and up in the north some of the the northern states the pike is called a jack, can you imagine that. The problem is you donot cook them the same way. Some of you may say that does not matter and I say it certainly does.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I happen to know alot of terminology for lots of fish. I however have lived in places where fishermen are woefully ignorant... Down in south texas where I have a house I almost came to blows with a guy who insisted that the speckled trout was in fact a trout. On the east coast there is a really fine fish they call the rockfish, really a striped bass. The rockfish I know about are west coast fish, good fish but not related to the striper and up in the north some of the the northern states the pike is called a jack, can you imagine that. The problem is you donot cook them the same way. Some of you may say that does not matter and I say it certainly does.

It was William Shakespeare was it not that wrote :- "A rose by any other name would smell as sweet" & perhaps the same applies to fish.

·
P I K E
10,117 Posts

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
The essence of my ass is only sweeter when referred to as my booty...and I'll fight you if you say different

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
It's good that you've only made 6 posts in almost 3 years if this is an example.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts