Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried nano after a few recommendations and it’s pretty much Shitola. Nano casts far but most braids in small lbs test casts long way . Abrasion resistances is terrible not strength god awful. I’m pretty sure it’s Just dental floss re packaged on a larger spool. Going back to power pro or suffix 832.
Thank you Slayer I now have a $25 spool of dental floss

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
Good deal. Your breath was getting a little rank

·
Registered
366 Posts
Tried nano after a few recommendations and it’s pretty much Shitola. Nano casts far but most braids in small lbs test casts long way . Abrasion resistances is terrible not strength god awful. I’m pretty sure it’s Just dental floss re packaged on a larger spool. Going back to power pro or suffix 832.
Thank you Slayer I now have a $25 spool of dental floss
Interesting, I am actually a huge fan of my nano though. But I have it rigged with a swivel and a fluoro leader. Helps with the abrasion issue.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I agree, I can't believe how much it fray's. Power Pro has never let me down. I've never used the Suffix 832, heard good things but I've also heard knots sometimes slip.

·
Registered
16,613 Posts
Some people just don't have the "touch"!

Ham fists should stay with mono.

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
Yeah, it is. Want to buy a new rod, reel, and line? Never used.

Now get to work with that dental floss.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I find the 4lb to be junk.

The 6lb I have looks like it’s frayed, but zero problems for me with strength. Working great after 2 months.

My bow string also looks frayed, just have to wax it up once a year. Not sure how those correlate; but it’s what gives me piece of mind with the nano on my rigs.

I’m a fan.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
I have spooled all My spinning reels with 8lb green Nano. Yes, it does tend to fray a bit.... But just try breaking it...;D
I use a 3-4 ft Flouro leader in 8 lb... and have landed 20 lb. + Pike with this stuff.
Anyway, at seasons end, just reverse it on Your reel and You have NEW LINE on the front..

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I reversed that crap straight into the trash can. My one time using Nano was fishing sinking rapalas in the river snap retrieving the lure, Nano failed. Maybe it was a bad spool of line but at first I used a flouro leader tied direct to the main line then I used a small swivel and continued to break the Nano. Back to power pro or sufix.

·
Registered
24,552 Posts
I have used Countdown Rapalas with good success on Nano at Shatty with a floro leaders during certain times of the year...I just finished organizing my tackle and I have a 2 boxes of Countdowns one for the backpack on foot and one for the boat...8 lb Nano...

Shatty

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
The P line teflon coated braid is very good-been using it for a year now.

Super slick and casts better than any other braid I've tried but you have to tie a good
knot on the leader so it doesn't slip. Holds its color well too.

And agreed-tried nano once and that was enough. To each their own.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Never tried the Nano. Power Pro and Power Pro super slick V2 have worked well for me. Didn't someone say that casting far didn't matter all that much when you are on a boat? :D

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
I might have said that. Besides, how far can Slayer cast a worm?

He just plops it over the side and grabs another beer.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts