Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Cool story and what a project for the students to be able to work on...

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
very kewl

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
This is so cool! It's hard to wrap your brain around the concept. I think Einstein was an alien or time traveler. ;)

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
DozerF350 said:
This is so cool! It's hard to wrap your brain around the concept. I think Einstein was an alien or time traveler. ;)
LMAO. I read through it twice.. and still don't completely understand :-[

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
ManTeets said:
RVinson said:
DozerF350 said:
Me neither.
Maybe these will help to provide more background?

http://www.fearofphysics.com/Relativity/relativity.html

http://www.allaboutscience.org/theory-of-relativity.htm

btw, love this quote from the second link:

"Moreover, the very physical nature of time and space also suggest a Creator, for infinity and eternity must necessarily exist from a logical perspective. The existence of time implies eternity (as time has a beginning and an end), and the existence of space implies infinity. The very concepts of infinity and eternity infer a Creator because they find their very state of being in God, who transcends both and simply is."

:)

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
work2fish said:
ManTeets said:
RVinson said:
DozerF350 said:
Me neither.
Maybe these will help to provide more background?

http://www.fearofphysics.com/Relativity/relativity.html

http://www.allaboutscience.org/theory-of-relativity.htm

btw, love this quote from the second link:

"Moreover, the very physical nature of time and space also suggest a Creator, for infinity and eternity must necessarily exist from a logical perspective. The existence of time implies eternity (as time has a beginning and an end), and the existence of space implies infinity. The very concepts of infinity and eternity infer a Creator because they find their very state of being in God, who transcends both and simply is."

:)
Great quote Mike...I'm glad you posted it rather than me.. :D We stand in awe of the creation...How much more so the Creator..?

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
RVinson said:
DozerF350 said:
It was a joke. Apparently not a very good one. :) I was commenting on how Einstein had a far superior understanding of how the universe works compared to even modern day scientists. It's kind of erie.

Or did you mean you read the article twice?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
That explains why watches regardless of make or model are always slower than ones remaining here on earth.

Yes it bends the brain to think in terms like this, in fact I wanted to call BS when first knowing of it.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
DozerF350 said:
RVinson said:
DozerF350 said:
It was a joke. Apparently not a very good one. :) I was commenting on how Einstein had a far superior understanding of how the universe works compared to even modern day scientists. It's kind of erie.

Or did you mean you read the article twice?
yeah I ment i read the article twice LMAO

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Silent_Light said:
Einstein was indeed a sort of savant - he worked on a very high level, not bad for a patent clerk who had some fun with mathematics as a hobby. Even he has said many times, its not HIS work, but rather his understanding of his predecessors work that made it all click, unlike Edwin Hubble who would claim he invented the universe himself......
He pretty much did invent our present view of it.

Much better than Al Gore's invention of the internet, IMO. :D

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Einstein had an abnormal density of axons and dendrites in his frontal cortex. (These are the constituents of the synapses, and form brain tissue called "white matter") This (presumably) allowed his brain to process information in a different way than other people. He did not have the highest IQ of any recent scientist, but he was the beneficiary of a unique insight that enabled him to examine problems in many ways, simultaneously. His brain weighed a lot more than most brains.

It would be somewhat akin to the affects of drugs such as LSD that inhibit the normal ability of the brain to filter information. The difference is that a "normal" brain exposed to massive quantities of information would be overwhelmed by the onslaught, (an everlasting trip :eek:) whereas Einstein appears to have been well equipped to deal with it. White matter matters.

SS

1 - 18 of 18 Posts