Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished Navajo last monday and tuesday.  Caught one bass and one carp. Lake is almost full.

Fished Blue Mesa on Wednesday and Thursday.  No lake trout.  Brown trout 50 feet deep on crawler/jig.  Kokanee with 4 or 5 colors of lead out trolling green things tipped with white corn.  Mostly fished Sapinero basin.

Pictures of the highlights. (Notice there are no fish pictures. LOL)

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Blow outs suck!!!

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ePiC said:
Blow outs suck!!!
Especially when you,re just heading back to camp to cook some buffalo burgers. :mad:

The motorcycle dudes behind me probably won't tailgate again for a while. ;D

·
Registered
104 Posts
would like to know more about navajo: how long a drive is it pulling a boat?

what kind of fish are there. and is flat land or mountains, i'm looking for

somewhere cool to fish, WHAT IS THE BEST ROUTE, THANKS.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
fishheadd said:
would like to know more about navajo: how long a drive is it pulling a boat?

what kind of fish are there. and is flat land or mountains, i'm looking for

somewhere cool to fish, WHAT IS THE BEST ROUTE, THANKS.
I think it was like 5 hours from Denver. We went through Walsenburg to get there.

They have pike, bass, trout, kokannee and catfish. I only saw carp and bass.

It like Pueblo Reservoir type terrain.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Eric-Did you notice how strong the sun is down there-I got probably the worst sunburn of the life last year there-the tops of my feet took a month to heal. And this all happened on top a tan cause I work outside. Ed

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It might have been because of a cold front or something, but the sun seemed hotter at Blue Mesa.

I did notice the enourmously large amount of yellow jackets that like green boats though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Did you hear of any Crappie being caught on Navajo? The Denver Post had an article a few weeks ago where fisherman were filling their coolers full of 12-14'' Crappie.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
fishit said:
Did you hear of any Crappie being caught on Navajo?  The Denver Post had an article a few weeks ago where fisherman were filling their coolers full of 12-14'' Crappie.
I heard the crappie were biting up in the "Bianco"? cove. Not really sure what the name is. I went up there were a lot of boats hugged up against big boulders. I didn't see anyone catch anything and alot of them left eventually. I didn't catch any either, but did see one floating.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts