Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going fish the mighty Navajo reservoir the last week of April! Does anyone have any suggestions as to what baits or techniques to use ? I plan on targeting smallies, like, crappies ...anything would be appreciated!

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
I am going fish the mighty Navajo reservoir the last week of April! Does anyone have any suggestions as to what baits or techniques to use ? I plan on targeting smallies, like, crappies ...anything would be appreciated!
Never been there but you can't go wrong carrying a few jerkbaits. That can be said for pretty much anywhere IMO. I have been catching a ton of smallies lately doing an aggressive sweep and then pausing for up to five seconds. Then repeat. Give it a try.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Great lake-wish it were closer. There are pike in there and a jerk will get you into them as well as the bass. Tubes are good. I think the NM side of the lake which is most of it, fishes better.

You're going at a good time, late April everything should be on a good bite.

·
Registered
16,622 Posts
If you want crappie use tubes right in the trees. vertical jigging or you get snagged constantly.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Catchinabuzz just fished it this weekend testing out his new electronics, he will probably chime in, and he might even share a report.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Catchinabuzz just fished it this weekend testing out his new electronics, he will probably chime in, and he might even share a report.

Not worth the trip yet. Should be better when you are planning to go. Water was 47 degrees on sunday and the fishing sucked ass

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you everyone for your input !!!
Definitely talk g a ton of jerks down there. Tubes are a must . Good to hear we are timing it right !!! I am glad you all didn't say drop shot!!! Because I know nothing about that technique ... I am goi g to have to expand my deep diving jerk selection before I go. I also want to try the bed rig down there!!!
47 degrees that's is cold... fingers are crossed . Looks like a badass fishery!

Thanks again

1 - 7 of 7 Posts