Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Traded a premium south card for a V. 1.19 west card. Pueblo is horrid on it... Some line but more main lake stuff and 20' difference. Really disappointed in it for my home lake. Haven't eyeballed any other Colorado lakes it has on it. Pulled up some south lakes and the detail is AWESOME.
Had a lowrance prior and it wasn't great but 10X better than what this shows.
The unit is a 997 BTW.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Your running the card on a Humminbird right?
I had the same thing. Lowrance using Mapcreate had better detail. Not great but much better. I'm using the same chip and switched to Humminbird. Total crap. Not to spoil it for you but Pueblo is actually one of the better maps for Colorado.

Lakemaster was bought by humminbird, irrelevant since they don't have Colorado lakes.

Enjoy you Downscan and SideScan in the meantime.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Had no card in my lowrance.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Two words: "market pressure"

In a nutshell, them Southern boys care about their fishing. Why spend time and money developing a good map for people that don't care or even understand how to use it?

It is the same reason why JDM reels are the ducks nuts compared to American market reels.

"They don't know the difference, why bother?"

SS

·
Registered
715 Posts
So, is Navionics worth the money if you're running a hb?

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Dictator Tot said:
Two words: "market pressure"

In a nutshell, them Southern boys care about their fishing. Why spend time and money developing a good map for people that don't care or even understand how to use it?

It is the same reason why JDM reels are the ducks nuts compared to American market reels.
"They don't know the difference, why bother?"

SS
For reels that are available both domestic and JDM, whats the difference? I cant seem to find any other than perhaps removable handles, sticker placement etc.

·
Registered
481 Posts
tepponogu said:
So, is Navionics worth the money if you're running a hb?
For just Colorado. No.
But it does include all of the west. So there is some value.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts