Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
P I K E
10,114 Posts
YVW! Thought it looked like a great boat at a pretty good price from what I've seen others going for! Good luck!

·
Registered
485 Posts
Cody, there is a drift boat for sale in Eagle. As you come off the highway you head east and just at the second roundabout there is a driftboat sitting in the parking lot that looks in decent shape. Not sure who owns it but you should be able to find one of the shops in town that will know.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Looks like a sweet deal, I've been wanting to get a drift boat ever since last summer. Of course, it would probably be prudent to start with a raft given that I would be bouncing it off of every single obstacle in the river.

Not to hijack your thread Cochise, but, does anyone have advice on how to get on the oars, or a ideal river to start out and in order to learn? I would imagine the NP through Wyoming would be fairly tame.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Looks like a sweet deal, I've been wanting to get a drift boat ever since last summer. Of course, it would probably be prudent to start with a raft given that I would be bouncing it off of every single obstacle in the river.

Not to hijack your thread Cochise, but, does anyone have advice on how to get on the oars, or a ideal river to start out and in order to learn? I would imagine the NP through Wyoming would be fairly tame.
First, a lake. Start there. Dont start in a river. Learning how to backrow properly control, swing, angle and side row can all be done there. Second, think of taking a rowing class. Several of th outfitters offer rowing classes - and its in their boat so that makes it better.

As for tame river, I think your NP idea makes the most sense for that. you dont want to start on the Ark or the Colorado for sure..

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Finally found the right boat.

Now that I am back in the land of great things, I am again guiding the western waters.

If you or anyone you know wants to learn how to fly fish while catching a fish or catch fish and learn, look me up.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
where(what rivers/area) are you guiding?

Congrats on the boat

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Will give Clack a try this time and see how it goes. Went with a LP to try and cut wind, but she still has a beak to knock down some rollers.

Guiding on the North Platte, Big Laramie, private ranch with trophy brookies, and high country streams and lakes in the southern portion of the Medicine Bow.

We have water this year.

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Will give Clack a try this time and see how it goes. Went with a LP to try and cut wind, but she still has a beak to knock down some rollers.

Guiding on the North Platte, Big Laramie, private ranch with trophy brookies, and high country streams and lakes in the southern portion of the Medicine Bow.

We have water this year.
My first Hyde was a LP. Loved it most of the time. Big water made me pucker a few times. Glad I wasn't rowing the LP at 9000 CFS on the Green this year. Sounds like fun up thee. Good luck to ya.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts